VERIZON WIRELESS - FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST
777Girard
Enthusiast - Level 2

This past June could upgrade.  Family with 4 phones so decided to do this.  Below is the inexcusable behavior of Verizon Wireless

- late June 2015, went to verizon store in Amherst, NH and was told could get $200 off upgrade cost to IPhone 5 or 6 under Dad's and Grads promotion. It was a Saturday and told deal was good for at least another week.   Was going to go to Verizon Edge plan so I phone would cost around $450 instead of $650. 

- called customer service few days later and was going to upgrade to two I phone 6's for around $450 each.  was told deal was not available and needed to talk to store.  Wife went back to store and she was told by store rep that deal had expired (contrary to initial store rep's assurances).  My wife did not say anything but decided to upgrade all 4 phones to more everything plan with the edge, saving us around $60 month.

- few weeks later get bill and only two of the phones had been switched over to new plan, being charged at higher plan rate on two other phones.  She went back to Amherst store and asked them to retroactively adjust.  Told store can't do that, would have to call 800 customer service number, even though Amherst store made mistake

-called customer service and they supposedly and finally  put all 4 phones on correct plan, Only it was 2 to 3 weeks later than they originally were suppose to.  Wife explained unhappiness with Verizon customer ineptness and described original $200 discount misrepresentation.  Rep then looked up available phones (took at least 45 minutes) and said we could get phones at original $200 discount.  Rep took so long that we ran out of time to place order with him since had to leave to go to party.  Told we could go to store or call back to get deal.

- called back few days later, no $200 savings per I-phone available, Rep lied once again!.  Asked to speak to manager,  after 15 to 20 minute wait a "supervisor" came on and apologized for problems but could do nothing and denied Verizon should honor their rep's assurances.  Asked to speak to manager and she said we could not, but would have one call in a day or two. 

-Two days later no "manager" had called.  Called customer service,  after 20 minute wait a supposed Manager was put on phone.  Apologized for problems and said she would listen to recorded calls but refused to honor rep representations no matter what.  Completely inflexible no matter what previous phone calls showed.  Her attitude was one of our reps make mistakes and too bad!  We aren't responsible (legally this is nonsense).

7/23/15- called Amherst store after work to change my phone to smartphone - Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.  Heather who answered said I could get $15 per month access fee and free Samsung phone.  I asked her if she was certain.  She responded yes and said she would be there.  Work 10 minutes away so went over,  No Heather, claimed she left, and new rep said phone was not free.  Spoke to manager Colleen, who then asserted Heather was in back, but would not be available.  Colleen then refused to honor Heathers claim, stating phone was "free because I could leave store with it today without paying, but would pay for it later on"  Unbelievable dishonest used car sales line -  free means free, not that you pay later on.  I told Colleen it sounded to good to be true but asked manager to put $20 credit on my account for all of this and above hassle and I would buy phone.   She refused claiming she had no ability to do this - certainly one more lie and would not discipline Heather.

BOTTOM LINE - VERIZON IS A FRAUD, AND CONSISTENTLY MISLEADS AND LIES TO ITS CUSTOMERS.  MANAGEMENT REFUSES TO HONOR ANYTHING THEIR POORLY TRAINED REPS REPRESENT.  MANAGEMENT CANT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO CALL YOU WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN COMMITED BY THEIR REPS TO CALL 

THE ONLY REASON THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS IS TWOFOLD:  THEY DO HAVE THE BEST COVERAGE SO MANY OF US HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO USE THEM.  TWO, LEGALLY CUSTOMERS WOULD CRUSH THEM, BUT FOR MOST  CUSTOMERS IT IS NOT WORTH TAKING THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT DUE TO THE TIME AND EFFORT.FOR THE MONEY INVOLVED

TODAY,  I GOOGLED "VERIZON WIRELESS DISHONEST" AND WAS AMAZED AT THE NUMBER OF POSTINGS AND SIMILAR STORIES

BOTTOMLINE:  WHEN A COMPETITOR'S COVERAGE IMPROVES, I AM LEAVING VERIZON ASAP!  VERIZON IS DONE ONCE ITS COVERAGE MONOPOLY ENDS.

Labels (1)
Re: VERIZON WIRELESS - FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

777Girard,

Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment.We definitely don't want to lose you.  I apologize you were provided incorrect information regarding the device discounts. I completely understand your frustration.

I can definitely submit feedback to that store and the store representative. I would need the store address and representative's name to submit the feedback. Please be assured appropriate action will be taken and we will continue providing ongoing training to all of our employees. We hope we can restore your confidence in Verizon Wireless and prove we are worthy of your continued business.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

777Girard
Enthusiast - Level 2

To JohnB_VZW:

If you really cared you would take care of the issue and get me what was represented to me numerous times.  Instead your reply looks like typical pre-written canned response.  Meaningless Corporate PR nonsense. 

If you had taken the time to really read my post, the problems are much more than your store reps, it is also the 800 customer service number and your managers refusal to follow through on calls, etc.  You never address these additional issues.

Lastly, you have the location of the store - Amherst NH and names.  These were provided in the post and you know my address from my account info which would lead you to the Amherst store.  Once again, proof of meaningless PR from Verizon.  You put the onus on me to provide info to you that was already mentioned.  Nice job reading the post and "writing" a response to my post.

Good Luck on your future with Verizon.  I wouldn't hold your breath

Re: VERIZON WIRELESS -  FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is know for making mistakes on the information they provide. Clearly.

As for the Dad's and Grads promotion, I can see slightly how you might think that the promotion goes past Fathers day, but that's like thinking Black Friday might go until Sunday. Why not just double check what you've been told?

It sounds like you were just given a lot of misinformation and after the first time, you never really thought to research future statements made by Verizon. Might have saved you a bit of headache to be a bit skeptical of everything you're hearing from them, especially after the very first time they made a mistake.

Verizon employees probably aren't out to get you, another spin could be that Verizon doesn't train their employees well, or employees are humans and some are lazy and don't pay attention during training, or some employees might just be a dunce and not realize or know what they are talking about. Doesn't mean they do it on purpose.

Always ask to see what you are being told on the contract. Just because they say it, doesn't mean it's true, which is on the contract.

ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

All VW does is lie!  We should be able to sue them for false advertisements. 

ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have enough messed up training already.  Give the customer what they want if you want to keep their business.  You're losing enough business to the #4 phone company as it is!  Go T MOBILE!!!

ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Losing out on the promotion is too bad, but can't blame Verizon or any one employee.  All promotions say limited time offer and are pulled with little to no notice.

now, the word "free", should be scrubbed out of the mouth of every employee of EVERY carrier who dares to offer anything more than a free stick of gum.  Phones are not free.  The tablets with phone purchase, are not free.

When I hear free, I cringe.

When I switched I was offered a "free" tablet with one of our phone purchases.  The young man nearly died because I took him to task over saying it were free.  the manager came over and I went off on honesty and accuracy and that I was  lucky I was an informed consumer.  The manager listened and finished my order, rather than allow the clerk to do so.  My ex wanted to hide.

I Had a similar experience in an ATT store over 1.5 years ago, but I wanted the tablet, but thought it was the cheaper tablet.  The clerk offered me the wrong "free" tablet.  His manager honored the mistake and I got a Note rather than a Tab for the cost of the service alone.

in Summary.... You can't be mislead if you know better than the employees.  Go in prepared.  Don't believe "free".   Call an employee out on any offers that don't match your research.

0 Likes
Doodlephile
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with mama23dogs plus all promotions are for certain limited times and they change constantly.  If you see one and don't take advantage then just wait and another one comes along that is usually equal.  And, yes, nothing is "Free".  If you get something for nothing then they tack a charge on somewhere else.  I do not believe for a minute that this is exclusive in the cell phone industry to Verizon.  I have been a Verizon customer for many years and they are equal to or better than the other providers in price and product.  At least what they offer works well for ME and MINE.  I'm sure everyone isn't the same.

As far as the "promises" and the confusion.  If you research the plans, read and study the pros and cons, and look at the "cost" of each phone you may find they are all the same.  The prices are confusing depending on which phone, which plan, how financed, etc.  You may get a discounted phone up front but pay higher for the life of the plan contract.  You may extend the phone payment out over some months and pay "full" price.  Some plans work that full price actually costs you less than "free" or discounted price.  It can be confusing - really confusing. 

I just got out of my 24 month "contract" 2 months early.  My husband was already out of his contract for his phone line - we are on a family share plan.  I "upgraded" to a brand new phone and went on the Verizon edge plan.  All of the reps garbaldy-goop was so confusing that I went home and sat down for two hours with computer, paper and pen and calculator and worked through all scenarios.  I "thought" I had been cheated and scammed beyond my wildest imagination.  I (yes ME) was wrong.  The rep had explained everything perfectly and he was exact.  When I looked at numerous ways to buy my same cell phone through other means and to get the plan payment etc., I would be paying the same for "free" phone, discounted phone, full price phone - yadda, yadda.  It really is six of one, half-dozen of the other.  I did receive a "few" goodies as a perk because I signed up in Costco and they had a bonus promotion and a gift card. 

Bottom line, I wasn't happy, I was confused and I was going to return my new phone and go back with my old one.  I'm now convinced that I was not misled, but that there was just so many ways to arrive at the same end result.  Study the Verizon Plans.  Pick which phone you want and the cost of each depending on how and which plan is involved and do the bottom line total.  They are all pretty much the same.  I found that we saved more by going on the "Edge" plan and paying "full price" rather than buying the "discounted" phone over a 2 year contract.  If you really really want to save - buy a used phone through a third party and pick a non contract plan.  I really don't believe you have been lied to, scammed or misled either.  It's just a confusing bunch of options.  We have to know what we want and what they offer and how it is put together BEFORE we enter into an agreement.  Good luck!

Re: VERIZON WIRELESS -  FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST
mama23dogs
Legend

Doodlephile that was an excellent post.  Crunching the numbers was what I did when contemplating switching carriers. 

Understanding "free" has a catch, always look for the fine print.

I Still agree there is no excuse for poor training and deception on the part of sales people.  The products and service should sell themselves.    this problem isn't limited to one cell phone company or just company stores.  In fact the retailers are worse than corporate stores. 

0 Likes