Utter discontent with the customer service
ivanevdokimov

I would like to express my ultimate disappointment with the unsatisfactory level of service I have experienced at Verizon store in Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue, WA.

At first, I saw a promotional offer, saying one can get a 650 US dollar credit in case of trading in an iPhone 6 or 6S while switching to Verizon.

I came to the store on September 25. The person that was helping me (A.) confirmed that I could trade in my used iPhone 6 with a minor crack not overlapping the display and my wife’s iPhone 6S in almost ideal condition and get a $650 credit for each of the phones.

While A. was filling in the application he told me he needed my driving license and a copy of my SSN. I did not have my SSN card on me, so I asked A. if a picture would do. He said that a picture would be fine, so I went home, took a picture of my SSN card and returned back.

After I came to the office again, A. walked away and then return apologizing, and telling me that a picture of the SSN wouldn’t work, he needed a BW scan. He offered me to send it the next day from my office and gave me his manager’s (D.) business card, asking me to CC him.

The next day I sent the scan to A.'s e-mail CCing his manager. I also followed up all the conditions of the promotion and asked him to confirm. I haven’t received an answer from him or from any other company representative. However, later on someone from Verizon called my wife and asked her to come in and bring her driving license & SSN. My wife went to the same Verizon's office. But then she was told that they actually needed MY driving license and SSN card.

A little bit later I came to the same Verizon office for the third time (not counting my wife’s visit) and completed the application with another manager.

After receiving the new iPhones via mail I went to the Verizon's office to turn in the old phones. To my surprise, I was strongly advised by a Verizon employee to have the crack on the iPhone 6' display repaired. I was told that if I wouldn’t fix the scratch I would receive a refund of only around $50. I told him that A. assured me that I do not have to repair the crack in order to receive the full refund. The guy tried to find A. but ultimately told me that he can’t help. OK, I handed him my wife’s iPhone 6S in ideal condition. Another surprise, I got $550 credit instead of $650 for it. When I asked why is that, he told me that $650 promotion was valid in September. According to him refund amount decreased to $550 in October. And I applied right in the beginning of October because of all the mess around my initial application (nobody warned me at the time). OK, $100 lost.

I headed to a repair shop to fix my phone’s crack. It cost me almost $100. I returned to the office and traded in my phone. This time the credit was $450. Not $650, not $550. $450. The reason, I was told, again was that I applied in October (nobody warned me).

So, instead of getting $650 x 2 credit, I got $550 + $450 - $100. That’s $400 loss. That’s not taking into account the time me and my wife spent visiting the office and waiting.

From now on, I will discourage all my friends from using Verizon's promotions. I appreciate the quality of the network, but the service is just the worst.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Utter discontent with the customer service
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why first of all would you take a picture of your social security card instead of just taking it in?

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Welcome to our family ivanevdokimov . I'm so truly sorry about your experience at the store location. This is not how any customer should be treated when starting new service. We should always provide better communication to our customers when needing information to start service, add a  line, or make changes to your account. We can forward feedback about your experience at this store to upper management. This can be done here via private message, on the phone via *611, social media on twitter or facebook, or via chat.

KinquanaH_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRANE123

having a similar issue with a promotion ...nobody told me what to do to get it...that is now 6 months old and I have been told so many different stories, none of which have come try then they INSULTED me with offering half the promotion value and called it an inconvenience fee.

I have it in writing from a customer service rep that I would be credited the entire promotion amount but then told I should never have been told that and the please disregard.

It has been absolutely horrible

0 Likes