Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Ant
Novice

Hello.

Is it possible to use an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers? My and my mother/mom/ma's phone is under my parents' family plan. My father/dad/pa uses his old iPhone 4S for 3G Internet and phone services. I did notice my phone has a crappy web browser, and it is very slow like dial-up modems. I have no idea what its wireless Internet type uses for Internet. It doesn't even show which G number like on iPhone 4S. Smiley Sad

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

sprmankalel
Leader

The Cosmos 2 is not a smartphone and isn't meant for web browsing. This is why it does not get 3G or 4G.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Not applicable

what plan do you have? I doubt you use the Cosmos the way you want and if you could it will be slow. Also realize you're going to use a ton of data tethering a phone to a computer. You don't state what data plan you're on

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Ant
Novice

mrhelper wrote:

what plan do you have? I doubt you use the Cosmos the way you want and if you could it will be slow. Also realize you're going to use a ton of data tethering a phone to a computer. You don't state what data plan you're on

I am not sure exactly and will have to ask my father/dad/pa who handles the bill. It's a family plan with 1,400 minutes of voice, no free textings, and 2 GB of data,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Not applicable

You have a 2 GB plan on a Cosmos 2? That's a basic phone. Anyways you have Nationwide plan and tethering is $20 a month extra IF you can even do it with that phone. I doubt your dad will sprint for the $20 tethering fee if he won't even pay for a texting plan.;

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Ant
Novice

mrhelper wrote:

You have a 2 GB plan on a Cosmos 2? That's a basic phone. Anyways you have Nationwide plan and tethering is $20 a month extra IF you can even do it with that phone. I doubt your dad will sprint for the $20 tethering fee if he won't even pay for a texting plan.;

Well, 2 GB on his iPhone 4S. I don't know if Cosmos 2 is using that too? Whatever, the Internet is very slow on it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Not applicable

No you're not on a share plan. And if you don't have a data plan I'm shocked your dad is not getting  huge bills in because it's $1.99 per MB. Part of the reason it's slow is because it's a very primitive phone. You want a phone that can use the internet you should get a smartphone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Ant
Novice

mrhelper wrote:

No you're not on a share plan. And if you don't have a data plan I'm shocked your dad is not getting  huge bills in because it's $1.99 per MB. Part of the reason it's slow is because it's a very primitive phone. You want a phone that can use the internet you should get a smartphone.

Really? Dang. I thought it would be using that 2 GB data plan. I didn't do much since the phone's Internet experience was was horrible. I'd rather use a computer even if it is very slow. I only did simple Bing searches, visited a couple unusable broken web sites, checked account statistics, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Not applicable

First, even just that little could use a several MB. At $1.99 per MB you're dad might be a little mad when he sees the bill. On on More Everything plans do you share data. You're on Nationwide. Second even if you tethered it to a PC you will still be using data. You are still accessing Verizon data via the phone so it doesn't matter. If you can't get on you're own postpaid plan maybe you can get on prepaid plan then you don;t have to worry about asking dad for permission.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Ant
Novice

Ant wrote:

mrhelper wrote:

No you're not on a share plan. And if you don't have a data plan I'm shocked your dad is not getting  huge bills in because it's $1.99 per MB. Part of the reason it's slow is because it's a very primitive phone. You want a phone that can use the internet you should get a smartphone.

Really? Dang. I thought it would be using that 2 GB data plan. I didn't do much since the phone's Internet experience was was horrible. I'd rather use a computer even if it is very slow. I only did simple Bing searches, visited a couple unusable broken web sites, checked account statistics, etc.

Crap and thanks. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Using an old Cosmos 2 phone for Internet with computers?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ant, We want you to use every function of your phone. You mentioned having 1,400 minutes and 2gb. Can you confirm if the plan is Nationwide or another older pricing plan? You can view the details by signing into My Verizon. This way we can give you exact details about increasing your data plan if necessary. The browser on the basic devices are not the same as those of a smartphone.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport.