Used to get good service, now only have one bar. How can I fix this?
intermittentservice

About a year or two ago, I consistently had 2-3 bars in my house and no issues sending or receiving texts. Now I'm lucky to have one bar and I constantly have issues getting in contact with family. I don't know why my service got so horrible but it's extremely frustrating. I know it's not just me because my family/friends have had similar issues on a variety of devices, from the S3 to the S4 to an HTC phone, iPhone 4 and 5s, and even non-smartphones. 

How can I fix this problem? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Used to get good service, now only have one bar. How can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

intermittentservice,

This is not ok. I am sorry to hear that your service is not working as it used to. Has anything changed around the area? Have you moved? Does this only happen indoors? Please provide some additional information. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
intermittentservice

Also happens outdoors and seems to be throughout my entire neighborhood; haven't moved. As far as I know, there haven't been any changes in the area. If there's a more private way of contacting you/Verizon, I could give my zipcode but I'm not comfortable posting that on the public forum.

0 Likes
creolepitbull

yes. I am having the same problem (Paulding County, Ga.) and it is getting on my last nerve. I lose calls constantly and can't get good service until  I drive 5 miles from my house. And my area was supposedly upgraded over a year ago.

Can anyone help with this situation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

intermittentservice,

Let's get this squared away. can you provide your zip code? I want to take a closer look to see what is going on. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

creolepitbull,

We are all ears here. We want to ensure that your service is top notch. I would like to take a closer look into this for you. What make/model phone do you have? Also what zip code are you in? Thank you.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
intermittentservice

10981. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
creolepitbull

30134. Douglasville, Ga. Paulding County

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information intermittentservice. I show you should have sufficient coverage in your area. Are the issues inside or outside? What phone do you have and is the software up to date?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
intermittentservice

Both inside and outside. I have an iPhone 5S and the software is up-to-date. Other phones with updated software that are having issues are: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and the Samsung Intensity (which is a non-smartphone).

0 Likes