Usage Control - Block 'Restricted' number
mstritt4302

I know you can block certain numbers using usage controls, but how can you block a call from 'Restricted' (no phone number)? Can this be done?

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage Control - Block 'Restricted' number
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Unfortunately, calls from Restricted, Annoynmous, Unavailable callers cannot be blocked via usage controls or by verizon.   You have to know the number before any blocking can be done.   Frankly, this has been a pet peeve of my with verizon as there should be a way to simply have the phone/network block the call whenever the caller ID functions selects 'Restricted, Annonymous or Unavailable".

Now there is back door way around this but it really is only practical if you've pretty much got the same limited number of people pestering you and blocking their numbers.   You can just Google a program called "Trap Call".   It should come up right away.   This is a really cool service that within seconds reveals and displays the actual number of the people calling you and attempting to conceal themselves.   Once you get their number you can either have verizon block a small handful of numbers for you for up to like 90 days or you can go with USAGE CONTROLS and block up to 20 numbers indefinitely.

Again, this is only practical if it's the same reasonably small number of offending people pestering you.   If you're getting a lot of calls like this then this starts to be an impractical solution and changing your number is the only way out.   I hope this helps :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes