Upgrading phone in Dec
markusic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm upgrading my iphone4 in dec to the GS3, will I be able to keep my unlimited plan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading phone in Dec
Not applicable

If you take a discount upgrade, no. If you pay full price for the phone, yes.

0 Likes
markusic
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what you are saying is that Verizon doesn't want to keep me as a customer and is telling me to go somewhere else for cellphone service

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, what Brian is saying is that Verizon will let you keep your unlimited data plan if you pay full retail for the S3, or purchase it from a third party outright.  And if you choose to get a subsidized phone from Verizon or one of their authorized resellers, then you will have to choose a tiered data plan.  That's all he's saying.

You may choose to go elsewhere to get the S3, and you may find unlimited data available for it - that is your choice. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

markusic wrote:

So what you are saying is that Verizon doesn't want to keep me as a customer and is telling me to go somewhere else for cellphone service

Sent from my iPhone

A) This was announced oh nearly 5 months ago.

B) If you go elsewhere you're not going to get unlimited data either. So if you choose to leave then good luck.

0 Likes
markusic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sprint, boost mobile , and tmobile have unlimited data

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes they do.  Please come back her after a month or two and report how you like your new carrier.  I'm not being sacastic or anything, I'm serious, some of us would like to know.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Not applicable

markusic wrote:

Sprint, boost mobile , and tmobile have unlimited data

Sent from my iPhone

Then why haven't you been with them form the start? Boost? is that a joke. Ok 99% of the areas you travel to you'll be on roaming so good luck with that. Sprint. Unlimited until you hit a couple of GB them throttled down to dial-up. 4G coverage practically non-existent 3G coverage not much better. I've seen plenty of complaints from people saying their network is slower than molasses in January. So good luck.

0 Likes