Upgrading Phone & Being Forced To Upgrade Plan !??! Oh Heck NO !
LadySLBenz84
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I want to do I upgrade my current phone to a new one within our plan.  I was eligible in February to do so, there are 3 of us on an Unlimited Text/Talk 2G Share Plan all with smart phones, -2 of which are iApples.  When I went to upgrade my phone from a Droid to Apple Verizon is telling me upon checkout I can't upgrade my phone unless I upgrade our whole plan ?!?!??  -which will cost us another $30.00+/month ??  What's with this !?!   If I have to change our plan I am dropping Verizon and  moving to another wireless, -I'm certainly not going to raise the cost of our plan to my other 2 family members !!  This is absolutely RIDICULOUS !!!!  And I know they will follow me to a new carrier as they come up for renewal this summer.    Verizon...what's the deal with this ???  I'm not happy.   Anyone else having the screws put to them as they try to upgrade and it's time to renew their plan ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading Phone & Being Forced To Upgrade Plan !??! Oh Heck NO !
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I would call to do the upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I would call to do the upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LadySLBenz84,

I definitely understand your concern, I am concerned after reading your post. I appreciate you reaching out to us though, we want to correct this as soon as possible. Please accept my follow request, follow me back, and send me a direct message so I can look into this. You're definitely on a current plan, so you shouldn't have to change it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes