Upgrades...Customer for 8 years...Very upset
CareersPIE

I went into Verizon yesterday to upgrade our normal business plan to have all smart phones. Finally, we have the money to upgrade and all have data and smart phones for work. Well I was quite upset to find that all my phones except for one are eligible for an upgrade. When asked if this could be erased or worked out since we are upgrading our plan (more money to Verizon) and willing to buy all new smart phones I was told it just couldn't be done. The phone could be upgraded in August. Well.... that doesn't help me or my business out a bit. I even told the representative that US Cellular would buy our plan and termination fees and Verizon was fine with that. What type of customer service is that? Apparently, Verizon does not care about how they treat their customers especially ones that have been with them for 8+ years. I was so upset that NOTHING could be worked out and that I have to change my whole business plan to another carrier. Also, we weren't even receiving our business discount for over 8 years as well. I was never informed of this. The sales representative said she would email me the form but I never received that either. I did like Verizon and never had issues until yesterday. Thumbs down Verizon. You really have disappointed me and my company.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrades...Customer for 8 years...Very upset
Spelbound13

If no one in your company has done an upgrade in 8 years and you were told that only one line was eligible, I would have called customer service. Within days of leaving, you can come back with no penalty. You may even be able to get the discount reimbursed. I'm not sure about where you live but in my area, US Cingular is horrible so you should speak to someone else. I work for Verizon and that is NOT how we are suppose to our customers. I apologize for the rudeness but we are not all the same way. If I can help, let me know.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Although I get your frustration it sounds like the one line that isn't eligible yet either upgraded already or was a new line of service not eligible for upgrade yet. You could opt to pay full retail for that line or buy a used device to hold that line over until it is eligible for upgrade. It's only about 4 months until that line is eligible. That is if you truly want to stay with Verizon. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how long you've been a customer the rules are clear. Even if you're with another company and the situation was the same then you would be in the same boat. I'm not sure if they do the edge program for buisness lines but if they do then than may be an option for that line also.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi CareersPIE,

Don't go, we want every upgrade experience to be awesome! I apologize that this did not occur. We offer new discounted equipment every 24 months with Verizon Wireless. If the device is not eligible for a standard 2yr upgrade, we can look for an equipment promotion or current offer on the line if available.

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes