Upgraded plan on mobile device but Verizon won't support promoted price
dwatkins

I have 5 lines on my account and have the old More Everything Talk and Text.  Since I am not paying for any upgraded phones the line charge is $15 per line.  I wen to upgrade on my device to the new plan that Verizon is promoting and on both my iphone and ipad it shows that the new line charge is the same as the old $15.  On the old plan I am paying $80 for 10GB and the new plan has the rollover and the offers 12GB for $80.  I went into a store and showed the rep and she said yes that is correct and go ahead.  I called Verizon and the rep on the phone said that he could not see this on his screen so Verizon won't support that price. 

This is crazy that Verizon can promote a price on a mobile device and if you sign up for it charge you more than they promised.  What kind of company is this.  I have screen shots but all they have to do is log in to my account on an ipad or iphone and it is obvious but of course that would be too simple.

Anyone else have this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded plan on mobile device but Verizon won't support promoted price
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd like to see a screen shot where you can keep the More everything deal ($15/line) and also get the carryover data and pricing...  those are two separate plans.

More Everything is one plan, with a $40 line access fee and discounts for off contract or device payment phones of $15 or $25 based onthe size of your data bucket.

The Verizon plan (S, M, L, XL, etc) is a different plan.  The line access fees on the new Verizon plan are $20 or $40 per line for phones, $10 for tablets, etc and it includes carryover data, and safety mode.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I saw the same thing but knew better. It didn't show More Everything with roll over. It was when you started to do a plan change and it compared the old(more Everything) to the new(New Verizon Plan). it would show the new as $15 line charge, not $20. If you went to the next screen it would show it correctly. If you made the change it would show the correct pricing before you completed the transaction. This was only on a mobile device on the My Verizon app that you have when on More Everything. I showed it to an in store employee as well as spoke to someone on the phone explaining they needed to fix it because someone was going to claim they had to match the price. But they didn't really seem to care.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Unfortunately the new plans will have access fee per line of $20 and not $15.  The best you will get from complaining is an offer to go back to your old plan I suspect.  But you won't get the new plan with $15 access fee. 

0 Likes
dwatkins

Thanks it is more than odd.  Not too many companies i know will  offer a price through their own mobile app and then not stand behind it - many would call that fraud - confirm one price and then charge another.    I even took it into a store and the rep said that I was correct about the pricing being the same $15 per line and they should stand behind it but then what else can she say.  You are also right that Verizon really doesn't care and will just ignore it and expect it to just go away.

0 Likes
dwatkins

It was moving to the new plan but the app was offering the old per line price.  In the screen shot below you can see the new plan price is the same as the existing and I selected the  12GB data plan at $80 vs my current data plan which is $80 for 10GB - obviously a much better deal and the new plan offer rollover from the previous month.  However, when I called to make sure that the new plan was the same price... magically it was no longer $155 per month but $180 per month (before taxes and fees).  So they were going to charge me the extra $5 per line regardless of what their app said.  And continues to say today on both my ipad and iphone. It is what it is but it is not a very good way to treat long time customers.  By the way I can click on devices and it show $15 per line but I did not want to advertise all my families phone numbers on the message board Smiley Happy

Photo Oct 27, 12 10 18 PM.png

0 Likes