Upgrade phone as account member?
linnyv86

I'm looking to upgrade my phone in the store. I'm on a family plan with my father and mother. In the past I've been able to do so, as long as I provide the account password. I'm wondering if this is still the case? As previously stated, I've upgraded before in store with no issues as long as I provide a password. This was before verizon ever assigned roles to people.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade phone as account member?
krustykrabpizza
Enthusiast - Level 3

You will need to be listed as an account manager which the account owner can do easily online by signing into the My Verizon account or by calling into Customer Care. You'll still need the account billing password.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
krustykrabpizza
Enthusiast - Level 3

You will need to be listed as an account manager which the account owner can do easily online by signing into the My Verizon account or by calling into Customer Care. You'll still need the account billing password.

Good luck

0 Likes
linnyv86

I've never needed to be listed as account manager before. My parents live on the other side of the state. All I've done in the past is provide a 4 digit password and I've been able to upgrade, no issues.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
krustykrabpizza
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, but like you said Verizon didn't do account roles before. Now they do for account security. It's very simple for your parents to add you and enables you to upgrade on your own without them since they live far away from you.

Good luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linnyv86,

I know it's important to have access to your parents' account, especially when they're far away. For the account's protection, authorization from the Account Owner and verification of the billing password needs to be on the account. Please reach out to them; adding you as an account manager is easy and fast on My Verizon http://vz.to/1eFvyAB .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes