Upgrade? NOT!! (Even though the account says yes)
OriginalBAMcustomer

So.  I recieved an email from Verizon in early September, informing me that my phone was eligible for upgrade though my contract date was 10/5/15.  Spent 2 hours on line trying to complete the orde and an additional hour with cusotmer service before finding out the system wouldn't let me upgrade despite the website (MyVerizon) showing my device was eligible as eligible.  Several days later I take the email to the corporate store.  Sale would go through, same issue.  Salesman tells me the promotion is good through October 10, 2015 (200 credit for trade in of current smartphone).  Today 10/9/2015 I go to the store and GUESS WHAT?  The promotion is over.  Now after WASTING 4  hours of my time, still no new phone.  Do you actually pay attention to the promotions you send your customers and is there a good reason why you would deliberately mislead a customer?  Like the screen name says, I've been a customer since the Bell Atlantic days.  This is not the way to treat customers.  But I'll be happy to share my experience with the world in general.  The silver lining, I can switch without any penalty now.  Hope you come up with deal before I find a better one elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade? NOT!! (Even though the account says yes)
Unlisted_Number
Enthusiast - Level 2

In some cases this may refer to a promotion on your account for a new device. Various options may be available, such as the possibility of getting an early device payment program upg where you would have to turn in current device or possibly $200 off full retail value. Call customer service again and ask specifically (and courteously) if there are any promotions for upgrades. I had a friend with a similar "issue" and they had an upg option through a promotion. Couldn't hurt to ask.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade?  NOT!!  (Even though the account says yes)
InstantEconomist

I an having problems with this too. I've been sent the code I need to trade in my old phone and tried at least twenty times to do it on line. I had a customer service person try it as well. They had the same result: "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." They handed me off to someone who works with the device recycling program and after about 20 minutes on the phone with them my call was disconnected. I got a text message apologizing and informing me they would call back momentarily at 12:54 PM yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear from them. My current plan is to go to one of their corporate stores on Monday.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade?  NOT!!  (Even though the account says yes)
Unlisted_Number
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if that would work. More often than not they'll just call customer service themselves. The best option is to go on the trade in website and under the contact us option there's both the same number customer service will give you and an option to email them if you never been sent the code. Perhaps they typed in your email wrong during the original order?

0 Likes