Re: Upgrade Fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct! You can also get a new SIM Card and it will not incur an upgrade fee. This is because you are bringing in your own device. The upgrade fee is only incurred if we process an upgrade for you, either at full retail price or through our interest free installment payment agreement. Erich_VZW

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support  Thanks!! Finally, I can move forward that this is fully understood.

I have another BYOD which is compatible on Verizon network. I can put my current device SIM in it and use that device? I should get no issues or fee for doing this. I may need to do this at the end of the week. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great questions, Susan2020. We recommend contacting us to register the SIM Card with your other BYOD device, to avoid any issues. Does this help clarify? CourtneyM_VZW

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support Thanks it helps! I will contact to register my other BYOD with my existing SIM card. 

0 Likes
EDRN1

I did pay full retail at Apple and was charged to activate the SIM card - ridiculous

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm not a fan of these fees either, EDRN1. From time to time, we do have promotional offers with Free Activation, with online purchases. Did you get a new line of service, or just a new phone? Were you charged at Apple, or on your Verizon Wireless bill? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@EDRN1   If it came from Apple with a Verizon SIM card, you will get charged an upgrade fee.  
Buy the sim free version and you avoid the fee.

0 Likes
hhstone
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you avoid it if you pay full retail from Apple or Samsung? You still have to activate it through Verizon, don't you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always our priority that you are properly informed about the charges, if any, associated with activating your new device. We contacted you via a Private Note to continue assisting you.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hhstone wrote :

"How do you avoid it if you pay full retail from Apple or Samsung? You still have to activate it through Verizon, don't you?"

You avoid the upgrade fee when you purchase unlocked phone models that don't come with service or a SIM card. To activate the phone on your existing service, move the SIM card from your old phone and install it in the new phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes