Update on slow hotspot LTE speeds?
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Equipment used are as follows:

-(2) previously owned MiFi 6620L Jetpacks

-(2) currently owned MiFi 7730L Jetpacks(paid early termination fee on both 6620 to try and get better speeds)

-(1) Samsung Galaxy S8+

Affected areas in my experiences are in the following locations:

-Orla, TX

-Wink, TX

-Odessa, TX

-Midland, TX

-Mathis, TX

-Corpus Christi, TX

-Hobbs, NM

-Greeley, CO

-Manhattan, KS

-Saginaw, MI

Plan is the BeyondUnlimited.

On average hotspot speeds with 3+ bars of LTE range from 1-2Mbps for 5-7 days in which 1-2GB of the allotted 15GB get used, followed by both Jetpacks and my phone hotspot speeds drastically getting reduced speeds to 100-200Kbps for the remainder of the month. with a full 15GB LTE data left on my phone and 1 Jetpack and 10GB or so of LTE left on the original Jetpack used for the month.

I would like to point out that even during the best speeds, I am well below what Verizon claims as their LTE download rate.

In 5 of these locations I have reached out to support and 3 of those 5 times I climbed the ladder from Tech I>Tech II>Networking. Tech II tells me tower is in good working order and Networking email I receive then states that the tower is experiencing issues. The issues never go away apparently?

The other 2 times I only made it to Tech II where they tell me that they can't see any reason why my speeds would be as they are and that all my devices are probably faulty and I should replace them.

Could I get an update on when a $280/mo plan will provide me with something more than allowing me to visit a website to criticize how bad the performance is?

I can understand that towers will experience periodic issues while testing/rolling out 5G, but not 3 weeks of every month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update on slow hotspot LTE speeds?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

There is thing called congestion. Also depends what kind of place you are at when using these.

0 Likes