Re: Unlocking a phone... Verizon refused
Tidbits
Legend

You can do that yourself.  There are other forums out there that'll help you with that.  So the bootloader is out of the question.

ANY LTE devices is unlocked for foreign or domestic as required by block C rules.

Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you a Verizon employee and are you not reading what I am writing? Maybe you should go back and read what I said instead of being so negative. As I said in my previous posts, a Verizon representative, a corporate employee, told me that by going with an Edge plan I COULD unlock the boat loader. THAT is the issue. You yourself are saying it can not be done and Verizon is under no obligation to do it. That is my point, because an official representative of the company said otherwise initially and now I am being told something else. Again that is the issue here. Beside that you bring up the fact that talking about unlocking the boat loader is prohibited here in the forums. AGAIN I am not talking about any steps to by bypass the boat loader or unofficially unlocking the boot loader directly. What I am talking about is that direct employees of Verizon are saying that these phones can be unlocked as a selling point to get people to purchase Edge plans when that is not true. Verizon's own CFO earlier this week talked about this and stated that Verizon's main plans will continue to be subsidized phone plans and that the Edge Plans are only for people who want to upgrade their phones early or who want to change carriers.  Again something that Verizon and other domestic carriers are now saying "Yes, you can change carriers but that phone you just paid full price for, well you can not take it with you." something the FCC and the federal government are trying to change. But again, my issue is Verizon employees giving out false or incorrect information. I am fine with something as long as I am given accurate and complete information when I purchase or agree to a contract.

Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

So let me understand what you are saying since you obviously are not reading my whole post or you are not understanding my post. As I said in my earlier posts my Verizon representative told me that once I transitioned to the Edge Program and after I paid for my phone in full under that program, Verizon would unlock the boat loader of my phone giving me complete access to the phone as I would own the phone put right. Also as I owned the phone I could take that phone and move to any domestic carrier and be able to use that phone. Now I am being told that both of those things are not possible. That in a nut shell is the problem.

As for your comment that discussing this matter is prohibited in the forums. It is prohibited in the forums to provide individual steps to unofficial by pass the boot loader or otherwise provide information to allow unauthorized access or modification of Verizon equipment or phones. I have not and am not doing that. I simply replied to the original post in this forum that I to had been told by a Verizon employee that by transitioning to the Edge program and paying full retail for my phone that Verizon would unlock the boot loader and give me unrestricted access. The same thing that the original customer who posted about.

I guess my question to you is why are you being so rude and combative about the issue. You should not skim through a post and then level acquisitions against someone when you don't understand what they are trying to say. Especially when Verizon Customer Service is already trying to assist with the issue. If Verizon says the information I and other customers are being given is incorrect than they attempt to provide a corrective solution to all parties involved and ensure that their employees are giving correct and accurate information to customers.

Tidbits
Legend

Reps are not always the most tech savvy people in the world...  It wouldn't surprise them by the way you could have worded the question as well could construed about the device being unlocked in terms of carrier connection and bootloader.  Sometimes YOU have to ask the question the right way, and have a rep that knows what a bootloader is...

BenPerdition

Here's Verizon's obligation: we (the customers sensible enough not to submit to their dominating control), leave and take our money elsewhere. Verizon is obligated (by shareholders, employees, etc.) to make money. Don't give it to them. I have one more year left in my contract, and unless I am able to root my phone as I wish before my contract is up I will never give another penny (more like $200 a month) to Verizon. It's simple... every consumer has a vote; money. Unless they can meet customer demands, they shouldn't get ours anymore.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

been saying that for years... I get called a shill or defending XYZ company...  Money talks...

rodericickes

Of course, why would you only use 2GB if you have unlimited?

0 Likes