Re: Unlimited Data Plans speed less 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pgarn345, we never want our customers disappointed.  Our customer service and network are both priorities for us.  Let’s get you on the best plan for your needs with the best possible speeds.  Where are you having the speeds issues?  What plan are you currently on?  Please perform a speed test at www.speedtest.net and notify us of the results.  We are here to help.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited plan - slow hotspot
11King11

You care to explain why I have a slow hotspot. I am on the above-unlimited plan and most of the time I'm downloading things at 550kb/s. I pay over 100 a month and I get 550kb/s like what's the point of having such a "great plan" if I get 550kb/s. Also, I know for a fact I haven't reached my cap for my hotspot.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Plans speed less 2
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@pgarn345 wrote:

It is total garbage to slow apparently when there is no real speed issue with 4g band width. To say there is a new level called beyond unlimited is just a real scam. if that works at higher speed on the current system. Verizon is really doing its best to bilk the customer. My speed has slowed below 2 which just doesn't get it done. Apparently AT&T is not experiencing such a reduction in speed. It is just a scam to validate 5G and do it on the backs of the consumer, The whole thing makes me sick especially when the Verizon Chief Exec makes well over 20 million. He is not worth that expecially when he hasn't apparently invented anything or advanced the tehnology on his own. One very disappointed customer.

Then switch to at&t.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

11King11,

That should certainly not be happening on your Above Unlimited plan and we want to ensure we get to the bottom of this. Do you happen to know how many GB of hotspot you have used up to this point? also, how has your service been overall (regular calls, texts, and data on your device)?AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
BS3

I love an unlimited plan with multiple levels of unlimited services and speeds. Defeats the whole definition of ”umlimited”. Corporations have become beyond disgraceful in there business practices and I think consumers are at the end of the patience with deception.

0 Likes
Scofield1352

Does the 15GB limit apply only to hotspot use or the overall devices on the plan?

0 Likes
LedSpek

i’m not sure about that because i’m paying $90 a month for so called high speed tethering yet everything i used to do on atts plan was severely faster. everything i do on verizon is slower. i only switched to have more data to use and better signals so i paid more to get it. and i do have better signals but they are slow even tho i’m not topped off and i called verizon they won’t tell me what speeds their plans are because they know it’s not high speed. i feel like i can’t trust anyone 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you can stay connected reliably with your Mobile Hotspot is important, LedSpek. I apologize as it sounds like you've attempted to contact us without a resolution or an answer to your questions. I do appreciate that you joined the Verizon family, and I want to make sure you're getting the expected Verizon experience.
To answer your question, our normal LTE speeds are in the range of 5-12 Mbps download and 2-5 Mbps upload. Those speeds can be faster, but this would be our normal expected range.
Additionally, all of our Unlimited data plans include unlimited 3G like data (up to 600 Kbps). Beyond Unlimited provides 15GB of LTE data before speeds are reduced, and Above Unlimited offers 20GB of LTE data.
What type of speed test results do you get when performing a speed test on your mobile hotspot? What plan are you currently on?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Which plan specfically do you have? 

Go Unlimited hotspot is capped at 600 kbps MAX. This is on the website when you look at the plans.

Beyond Unlimited 15 GB high speed then 600 kbps max

Above Unlimited 20 GB high speed 600 kbps max.

Also there could be congestion in your area.

0 Likes
jce13jce
Enthusiast - Level 2

me too im sure there are a lot more had i known the speed cap i never would have changed plans.

i'm sure there are a lot more of us out there who got way less than expected. mine is so bad it cant even get through the VERIZON speed test grrrrr.