Re: Unlimited plan changes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jsoney wrote:

What number is unlimited? The definition of Unlimited is fundamentally defined.  And we as people can't say unlimited equal  50 or 100 apples.

According to the claim in this article, the customers who use over 100 GB per billing cycle are the ones receiving the notification to switch to a tiered data plan or risk their service being cancelled after August 31st. Verizon to disconnect unlimited data customers who use over 100GB/month | Ars Technica

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

100gb. When you purchase services advertise as unlimited.  Nobody said you got unlimited on your devices and services but don't go over 100gb.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yet everyone agrees to the fair use clause signing up. These plans were offered when speeds were no faster than 3mbps, and videos were VGA.

Seriously don't like the changes you have options outside of Verizon. Talk with that $$$ you work for.

0 Likes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

When they say unlimited talk and text. Does that mean you can use 100 min and 100 text per month also?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That kind of usage you have to talk 100,000 minutes and send like 1,000,000,000,000 texts and still be nowhere near 100GB. Unless you are spamming texts you will never hit that. As for calls there isn't enough minutes in a month to come close.

60x24x31 = 45,000(rounded up). Let's say we confress call it and double that. That's 90,000(rounded up)

Just to put that into perspective if they did impose limits based on current information.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Confress is conference.

0 Likes
pkranger71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Am still confused what the threshold is for being kicked off a UDP.  What I keep reading is "well in excess" of 100gb other folks are saying anything over 100 gb. If 100 gb is the threshold I wonder why Verizon doesnt market its 100 gb data plan as "unlimited"?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I have heard people getting letters of termination averaging more than 100 GB per month over a 3 month period. People are receiving letters today. No option, just you are done by the end of August.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Because they removed the plan and are not marketing the plan. People were grandfathered into it. Since people are on a month to month they can change it when they please. Their T&C say they can do it and you agreed they can.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ilovemyg35 wrote:

Just wait and see if FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler will buy this.

Nothing wrong with what Verizon is doing, but let's just play your fantasy out and the FCC agrees with you and stops Verizon from doing this. You know what Verizon will do instead? Get rid of unlimited data for EVERYONE even those on contract. And there is nothing you can do about that because there is no law stating Verizon has to offer an unlimited data plan. The only thing Verizon has to do is let those under contract leave without paying a ETF. Now is that what you want? Because that is the other option. There isn't a option where things go back to the way they were.

Remember when Verizon wanted to throttle unlimited data users and people threw a fit and the FCC stopped it? Well this is the result. I bet throttling sounds awesome now.

Also to clarify 1200 people were contacted and they used 500 GB a month for the last 3 months. Sorry no need to use 500 GB ON A PHONE. And before someone says "What if that's their only option for internet?" Well too bad move to where internet is available if they need that much.

A year from now if unlimited data isn't gone then it will be expensive as I see another price increase coming if Verizon doesn't decide to kill it.