Re: Unlimited plan changes
Ilovemyg35

Just wait and see if FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler will buy this.

0 Likes
Ilovemyg35

Verizon is doing that to scare unlimited customers to to move to tiered data plans.  They wont take any action just like the last announcement.  They dont want to follow the foot step of ATT and get a huge fine from the FCC.  If you don't believe me, just wait and see.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Think it will be crickets from the FCC.  Certainly Verizon's lawyers are fully aware of ATT situation.  The Verizon lawyers probably already asked the FCC if this plan is ok.  

0 Likes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a citizen of this country I have to abide by all government and state rules and laws.  I believe that all entries should have to follow also. Thus is why we have the fcc. Being restricted goes against Block c of the fcc rules.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are misreading.  This is not a restriction and then a slowdown as with ATT. This is declaration of misuse and account being cancelled.  It is all on nuances in the wording. Block C rules would not allow you to slow down unlimited as ATT found out.  It does not say anything about just cancelling an account for misuse. 

0 Likes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

When we use the word unlimited . And that's what they say.(my my ;;huge house  wholes can't afford  this)   We all pay our bills to for our services and 5g is almost here. When does up really means down. Can we change the definition of every word when it comes to cost.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Some words when used in commerce are defined strictly by the government (I.e. organic).  Otherwise, a company can  define in a contract. Most ULD are month to month now, so the contract can change wording.  You agree if you keep using, you stop if you don't. 

When hen I have friends and family visit, I offer the house as theirs, I.e. Unlimited food, water, electric and drink.  If they would take that literally and ran water as background noise, opened the window and ran the AC, or just ate and took all the food, they would not be come back.  Unlimited can be defined as unmetered service up to reasonable amount if that is how a company defines it.  I like unmetered service, I don't like people who insist on the intent of unlimited mobile data was 500 GB home internet and torrents 24/7.

pkranger71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel at the very least they should have given customers a chance to limit their usage.  To kick folks off

because they exceeded a data cap that up until two days ago didn't exist doesn't seem right. 

Weth
Legend

I don't disagree with that. We will see who actually gets the letters and the boot and how much they used.  With the new plans that have safety mode to prevent overage, some on UDP could do better on the new plan price wise.

0 Likes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

What number is unlimited? The definition of Unlimited is fundamentally defined.  And we as people can't say unlimited equal  50 or 100 apples.

0 Likes