Unlimited plan changes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon please don't turn off my service. I pay my bill on time every month.  I don't have enough to purchase extra service. Please don't turn off my service from new plan changes. Please please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited plan changes
mama23dogs
Legend

All carriers with unlimited plans have it written in the terms of service that your usage cannot interfere with the network.  In other words, if you are using enough data to be a problem, Verizon can terminate your service without notice.

ITs in nice broad language..

What are Verizon Wireless rights to limit or end service or end this Agreement?

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

What are you talkping about?

AS long as you pay your bill, and don't upgrade on a contract, you can keep it. 

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
jsoney
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not abuse. We signed on the to have unlimited.  Who's to say how much an individual  needs.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anyone that uses over 200 GB per billing cycle on a cellular wireless data plan is very much an abuser of the service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The wireless magic ran out and Verizon can't find any more in the magic cookie jar.

In Verizon's book, more than 5GB is already abuse of the network. Expect this to trickle down each month. They'll disconnect/cap the Top 5%, then move to the next 5% the next month. They will continue to do that while raising prices until Unlimited data is all but killed off. That is what any ISP which implements caps, does.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jsoney wrote:

That's not abuse. We signed on the to have unlimited.  Who's to say how much an individual  needs.

Of course you are the person who is to say how much data you need. Unfortunately, Verizon is the entity who is to say whether or not they are willing to provide that amount at the cost you would like to pay. EACH of you have the right to make your own decisions. Doesn't mean you will always come to agreement.

mama23dogs
Legend

All carriers with unlimited plans have it written in the terms of service that your usage cannot interfere with the network.  In other words, if you are using enough data to be a problem, Verizon can terminate your service without notice.

ITs in nice broad language..

What are Verizon Wireless rights to limit or end service or end this Agreement?

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Weth
Legend

I Believe this is what Verizon is saying

Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye Original - YouTube

mama23dogs
Legend

LOL.  It shouldnt  have taken this long.  Anyone who paid the $20 increase without complaint drew a target on their account. 

I Remember last year a customer bragging he used several hundred gigs of data a month.  Bye, bye

T-Mobile sent out a similar warning last year to those who were using excessive amounts and had hacked the system to use more tethered data or skirt the throttle

I was waiting for the massive overflow of angry customers but I guess they knew they were in the wrong.

This is why they pay lawyers big bucks to write tiny print