Unlimited data
giogio88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I have three lines on family plan. 1 is unlimited data 4g phone 1 is unlimited data with basic phone and 1 is 2gb iPhone 5. In order to keep unlimited on the 4g phone line would it be possible to transfer upgraded to the 2gb data iPhone 5 who just got an upgrade last month and have that line get a galaxy s4 then swap it to the unlimited 4g phone line. Once that's done could the same be done with the other unlimited data phone line.

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

How do you have unlimited data on a basic phone? Even if your transfer the upgrade on the unlimited data line to the Iphone line it would still count against the unlimited data line so that means you lose the unlimited data.

Not applicable

You only have unlimited data on line 1.  If and when one of your other lines is eligible for an upgrade, you can purchase a phone on that line and transfer the phone to line 1.  Other than that, you would have to pay full retail price or purchase a new or used phone on Ebay or somewhere such as that.

0 Likes
giogio88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Line 1 is eligible for upgrade, so I can transfer it to the iPhone line even though it was upgraded last month. And get the s4 activate it and then put line 1 SIM card in s4 and it will still have unlimited data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

giogio88 wrote:

Line 1 is eligible for upgrade, so I can transfer it to the iPhone line even though it was upgraded last month. And get the s4 activate it and then put line 1 SIM card in s4 and it will still have unlimited data.

No. The contract is extended/renewed on line 1 no matter where you which line you transfer the upgrade to. With the contract renewal you also lose the unlimited data plan on line 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

giogio88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe your answer is correct.  But if it is the basic phone is also due for a upgrade. If I upgrade that line with the s4 the swap the s4 to my line and the basic phone back to that line and cancel the 2gb plan will I still have unlimited data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's your choice, but I would also suggest reading the posts on the right of your discussion under "more like this". You will find similar answers there. Like or

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

giogio88 wrote:

I don't believe your answer is correct. 

Believe what you want but that IS the correct answer. When you swap upgrades the original line's contract gets extended. And since you can't extend your contract on an unlimited data plan you can;t do that.

0 Likes
dbblt11
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can switch any of your devices to & from any line on your account.  The line with unlimited data can have either phone moved to it...if you're wanting to change the actual phone numbers, that's doubtful because each number on the account has it's own contract and that would probably cause a logistical nightmare.

0 Likes
dbblt11
Enthusiast - Level 1

One caviat...as long as the line is Smartphone eligible, the change can be made. Unlimited data, which you have on a basic phone line (which is fine, but a bit silly), is eligible for ANY device.

0 Likes