Re: Unlimited data price increase(Greedy Verizon)

SickFreak

And now with Microsoft Continuum, people could use their phone as a basic desktop, which could easily increase data usage.  Of course, VZW isn't getting the Lumia 950/950XL, but who knows about the future?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Last time I checked my bill, it was $30 per month for unlimited tethering data on top of the $29.99 unlimited smartphone data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kaebfly
Leader

Same here. Unlimited tethering/hotspot for $29.99.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

It may have been at one time and if you never removed the feature you might still have access to it but they did change it about 4 years ago that you would only get the 2GB instead of unlimited.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Think about the whole unlimited tethering. People would be running their homes off of that for an additional $30. Instead of the $50 or so that a home connection costs.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

sprmankalel wrote:

Think about the whole unlimited tethering. People would be running their homes off of that for an additional $30. Instead of the $50 or so that a home connection costs.

They do!

0 Likes

xerosanity

I lowered my timewarner bill to $14.99 flat

And offset the data needs with my phone.

0 Likes

kaebfly
Leader

I added it to my plan earlier this year...kept it for 2 months, took it off...then added it back around June. It's unlimited tethering/hotspot still. So I guess it depends on the plan you have? I just know that it's unlimited. I'm still on a Nationwide plan so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

kaebfly
Leader

I'm sure some do but I don't think everyone would. Seeing as though I have unlimited and never abused the ability to run my whole house off of it I'd like to think I'm not the only person with morals lol.

0 Likes
Highlighted

BoulderGeek

Yup. what xerosanity says above.  I typically use less than 5GB a month, but I also don't want to be stressed and babysitting my plan.  I don't worry about it at home on Cable Internet, why the hell should I on my mobile?

No one can blame us for being irritated, or for preparing to bail on Verizon.

Let the market speak.  I hate to admit that where I live, VZW has the best coverage. 

However, if I can't work a way to get the services that I want at a price I am willing to pay, I will also port my number and kiss Verizon goodbye.  Ignore and abuse your customers at your own risk.  Anyone remember Digg, MySpace, GeoCities, etc?