Unlimited data plan changed mid-contract without subscriber notification
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told when I got my iPhone 4s two years ago that my unlimited data plan was "grandfathered."  I was also told that this might change when the contract ended.  Much to my dismay, Verizon changed my plan mid-stream.  To make matters worse, they have charged me erroneously for data overage that my phone could not possibly have used-56Gs!  Anyone else in this boat?  Customer service is most unhelpful and cannot answer any of my questions. 

I am looking at other providers.  Which do you recommend?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data plan changed mid-contract without subscriber notification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you change your plan in any way recently?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They wouldn't have changed it without someone with your account information requesting the change. Look at the bills before and after the change and let us customers know what changed so we can help to the best of our ability.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had done that...need to look back through again to get the wording...  Be right back.

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK.  I may have been confused.  We are now on a month-by-month plan.  Unclear when that started.  But we have not upgraded our phones, and those are the devices that were "grandfathered."  We added an iPad mini to our Share Everything account and replaced a faulty Jetpack.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lemons4 wrote:

OK.  I may have been confused.  We are now on a month-by-month plan.  Unclear when that started.  But we have not upgraded our phones, and those are the devices that were "grandfathered."  We added an iPad mini to our Share Everything account and replaced a faulty Jetpack.

Is the iPhone on the same account and plan as the iPad mini? In other words is it on the same Share Everything Plan?

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, all 5 of our devices are on the same Share Everything plan--2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and a Jetpack.

BTW: in September, the bill contained this notice:

A change to your account has occurred during your September 07, 2013 - October 06, 2013 billing period

As a result of the service change, your total amount due may be different than you anticipated because of prorated charges for the partial month during which certain services were active. Such service changes could include feature or plan changes, adding a line of service, or restoring service following a suspension. Click on the found on the Bill Summary and Charges by Line tabs for more information.

No description was given of the change, however. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lemons4 wrote:

Yes, all 5 of our devices are on the same Share Everything plan--2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and a Jetpack.

BTW: in September, the bill contained this notice:

A change to your account has occurred during your September 07, 2013 - October 06, 2013 billing period

As a result of the service change, your total amount due may be different than you anticipated because of prorated charges for the partial month during which certain services were active. Such service changes could include feature or plan changes, adding a line of service, or restoring service following a suspension. Click on the found on the Bill Summary and Charges by Line tabs for more information.

No description was given of the change, however. 

The Share Everything plan was the clue. The unlimited data plan was lost when you switched to the Share Everything Plan. You can't have an unlimited data plan with the Share Everything plan. Did the switch occur in that billing cycle?

0 Likes
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I'm really confused.  We switched to the Share Everything plan last December.  That was when they told us that the phones were still "grandfathered" until their next upgrade/contract.

0 Likes