Unlimited data plan and suspending service on a phone
pt8985

I have an opportunity to go to New Zealand for 4 months to work.  I will be provided a phone while there so I was anticipating using my iPhone in wifi-only situations.  I discovered that Verizon will let me suspend my phone service for up to 6 months but I am concerned about losing my grandfathered unlimited data plan.  Can anyone point me to Verizon documentation that will confirm or alleviate this concern?  I also have read that my suspended service will automatically re-activate after 90 days and it would be my responsibility to suspend it again until I return from NZ.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data plan and suspending service on a phone
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't think you will find any Verizon "documentation" verifying this for you. Unless you make a change to your plan, though, I don't see why it would change.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data plan and suspending service on a phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pt8985 I hope you have an amazing time in New Zealand! I certainly understand your concern in the effects to your plan and the suspension process. We'll make sure that everything is clear!
While suspending the service, the unlimited data will not be affected. Also you're right on track, you'll need to re-suspend http://bit.ly/1nvT89a the line after the first 90 days from your My Verizon for the additional time. Please keep in mind that if you're in contract, the time the line is suspended without billing will be added to the end of the contract.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes