Re: Unlimited Data
Not applicable

Ha ha you know you are right on with the wifi. I use it at home, I use it at my wifes work place and so does she, and at the car place, at a restaurant we frequent so even with unlimited data on all three lines we use very little.  But you will have to pry unlimited out of my cold dead fingers just knowing I have it makes us happy. If it changes in the future I will deal with verizon then.

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

TMOBILE HAS UNLIMITED EVERYTHING FOR $70 DOLLARS ITS LTE WENT LIVE IN A COUPLE OF CITIES. VERIZON IS GOING DOWN.

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I am now in a month to month contract on the Droid X. If I buy a 4G lte phone at full price will I be able to get 4G unlimited data without signing a contract?

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is no difference in 3G vs 4G.  You just have to have a 4G phone and be somewhere that Verizon broadcast a 4G signal.  You cannot get unlimited data unless you already have it.  If you currently have unlimited data, you can keep if for now, if you pay full retail price for your new phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Intocable wrote:

TMOBILE HAS UNLIMITED EVERYTHING FOR $70 DOLLARS ITS LTE WENT LIVE IN A COUPLE OF CITIES. VERIZON IS GOING DOWN.

That's a joke. Even if T-mobile had LTE in 100% of it's territory over 1/3 of Americans still couldn't get t-mobile service. And Sorry their "unlimited" data is far from unlimited. Try reading the fine print.

0 Likes
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

No offense intended but I wish I had better assurances that I could KEEP my unlimited data plan with an iPhone 4 after buying a 4G phone on eBay.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Iphone 4 isn't a 4G phone. I'd say there a 99.9% chance that you will be able to keep it until at least the end of June 2014. After that who knows.

0 Likes
Not applicable

groober wrote:

No offense intended but I wish I had better assurances that I could KEEP my unlimited data plan with an iPhone 4 after buying a 4G phone on eBay.

No offense?  Why would I be offended?  I don't care if you believe me or not.  Contact Verizon and ask them.  But, there are not guarantees.  Verizon could end unlimited data for all of us tomorrow.

0 Likes
R0B0T2k

Your forgetting that Verizon sold you a product. You paid for it, and now your asking them to take it back? That makes no sense, however maybe you have bought into the idea that they do not have enough money to provide better backbone services and build out more towers to provide increased radio availability. Verizon can afford to provide everyone unlimited data. However the problem is they have determined that people do not make phone calls anymore. At least not like they used to, so what exactly are they selling? You cannot sell minutes anymore, they know this, so the only way to make more money and increase those share holder profits is to change the business model. Ok, I do not necessarily disagree with that. What I do disagree with is taking back something I paid for, the entirety of my reason for even signing up with Verizon is I know their network is the best and they had a unlimited data plan I thought I could believe in. Now I have to buy a phone full price just to keep my Unlimited Data. So I got my Samsung Galaxy S IV for like 700$, I removed text and Picture/video messages and use Google voice for all my texting. Now I pay 62$ a month for my phone service with unlimited data. The money I am saving over tiered data plans will make it so the phone pays for itself. So did I really lose 700$ no. However Verizon will probably pull a stunt and have the last laugh. The moment they rip my unlimited data from me I will go to whatever lengths necessary to make sure they understand that what they are doing is unfair and unwarranted.

>>Personal comment removed<<  You are probably a Verizon Wireless shareholder and want to see them increase their share price. They will achieve this if they can increase profits and decrease use of their growth revenue, also by increasing ARPU(Average Revenue Per User) they will achieve this, but this will be at the cost of ******* me off to no end.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
R0B0T2k

Looking at the money you would save by keeping your unlimited data and phone over two years, the 700$ for a phone will pay for itself. Especially if you are willing to give out a new number and use google voice for text messaging. I have a discount of 22% through the company I work for and I took text and picture messaging off my plan, I was paying about 82$ a month for unlimited data and 450 minutes with unlimited text and picture messaging. Now I only pay 62$ a month. over 20 months that is 400$ saved that is not counting the money being save from the increased cost of a tiered data plan if I had switched. which would probably equal the price of the phone.

Now if they remove our unlimited data all together we should all rise up and sue Verizon wireless.

I will be so angry if they just rip my unlimited data away from me.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes