Re: Unlimited Data
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

It would depend on what reasons you "think" you would use more data and "how much" more data you would use.

Keep in mind that you receive a $400+ incentive on the price of your phone to sign a contract. If you spread that out over the 2yr length of your contract, that comes close to $20/month. If you go with a 2 GB plan for $30/month, you would have to exceed your data allowance by 2 GB EVERY month before you would spend more than you would if you were to pay full retail for the phone. That is DOUBLE your average data use.

Of course for $20 more they could get a 5 GB plan and then they wouldn't go over.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, if you want to ASSURE you would spend more money. I don't necessarily like to guarantee that I will spend more money. Going with the 2 GB plan would mean a savings UNLESS they were to MORE THAN DOUBLE their data usage.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your phone should connect to WiFi the minute you walk in the house.

0 Likes
geminibear

oh yeah LOL.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah I use wi-fi whenever I can. Why not? I have 30 Mbps at home. That's better than what I'd get over 4G anyway and I save against my data. Even if I had unlimited there would be lots of time I'd prefer wi-fi over 4G. Some people you tell them about using wi-fi instead and it's like dirty word to them. It's like they insist their phone use mobile data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Of course.  Mine does.  Why LOL about that?  I have U-Verse TV and internet at home.  My phone connects before I get out of the car.

0 Likes
geminibear

laughing internally at myself. i forgot that when im in the house i can use the wifi. initially i was worried that i wouldnt be able to use my phone at all to look something up at home for sake of saving data. -still getting used to the idea of watching my data and using wifi *sigh*

Anyway, if im going to lose my unlimited data plan it'll be after holding out for the BB Q10 or Z10....But that's a whole different thread . If my contract expires and i dont upgrade because im waiting, nothing will happen right? i'll just be month to month still with unlimited data?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Nothing happens when your contract expires.  You will lose your unlimited data when you purchase your new phone and sign a new contract.  To keep unlimited data, you would have to not sign a new contract.  That means keep your old phone, buy a new phone somewhere else such as Ebay, or pay full retail price from Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well my point is for someone on unlimited that say constantly uses more than 2 GB but less than 5 GB per month. They might be better served upgrading and going with a 5 GB plan for $50 than keeping unlimited and spending an extra $400 or more on a phone. Especially when there is a decent possibility unlimited will be going away in as few as 15 months. Obviously anyone that uses more than 5 GB would be better off staying on unlimited.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's the exact thought process I will have to go through the next time I want a new phone.

0 Likes