Re: Unlimited Data
Weth
Legend

And what happens when your next bill goes up, you don't pay, your service is disconnected, and you can never get Verizon unlimited again? Not following your logic.

BoulderGeek
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will leave for a better provider.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Sounds like you have the plan then. Start looking I suppose.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Who said that I never had unlimited?

Not that I have to explain it to you.

My single account became a family account and as I added smartphone the it made better financial sense to be on the More Everything Plan. One because I didn't even use 1GB and two because it was cheaper than adding 2GB for all the other users. I have users who use 500MB and some who use 13GB. It evens out for me and I'm not complaining and I'll keep this plan as long as I get the perks of it. My point is that things are changing all the time and we have a choice. Is it worth it to us to pay or do I find something else. The reason unlimited was introduced to begin with is because there was no way to know how much people would use and since it was an extra $30 per line there weren't families of 5 with 5 smartphones. Plus the network was slow and there was no such thing as streaming Netflix and YouTube and Hulu. It's different and Verizon and other carriers are capitalizing on us as consumers. If you really want to hit them where it hurts stop using so much data and they won't charge so much. See..the data is what people want and they know it. If you don't want it so badly then maybe things will change. In the end, Verizon has the control over how we use their network. If you don't like it then there are other options. For me, now, Verizon is the best option. Who knows about next week or next year. All I k ow is that I have no room to complain. If I am requesting the service I pay for it. If I don't want to pay for it I don't have to get it. It's that simple. Nobody forcese.to have and use it. I choose to. Just like you choose to keep unlimited and now you'll pay a premium price for a premium feature.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I agree for the most part about what you stated but I don't agree that if everyone can't have unlimited no one should (noticed that comment in one of your previous responses).  As long as it exists and people are eligible to have it they should be able to keep it. For those that chose to opt out of it or never had it that's fine...it was a choice that each person made while they could. But because others can't have it doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't have it. Everyone can't have everything. That's life. If they finally do away with it that's fine. But I don't think it should be because everyone that gave it up can't have it now. Besides, so many seem to be perfectly happy without it so I suspect most don't even want it back. Whenever (or if) the next greatest technology comes along then data will go down in price. Much like once upon a time texting used to be a cash cow for carriers. Now it's an afterthought. Same thing with minutes.

0 Likes
wizen2verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. one associate tricked me out of one of my unlmited data phones. But by the time I got the next bill, it was too late. Fortunately, I saved Verizon/VerizonWireless' CEO office number (McAdams in NY) from a previous dispute with them. (*watch out for Saul; he's NOT customer/people-friendly) Since that run-in, I've also saved Verizon's Chief Legal Counsel's (Milch in DC) personal cell number. Today, I googled "class-action, verizon wireless, unlimited data." But I've come to find out that the phone companies have pursuaded the courts to give them immunity from class-action lawsuits for unlimited data. They have actually snuck it in your contract. In the past, I have argued their shenanigans on at least 4 occassions, whereas I have $200 in lame gift cards they refuse to let me use as I want. As a Disabled-American-Veteran and a father of 3 young adults, I had my unlimited data plans set up for their benefit - regardless of them hardly using 1-3 gigs each. Unlimited MEANS UNLIMITED. I am further researching my contract as well as other options and possibly legal action on an individual basis. I'd be willing to settle out of court if all my lines are returned to true unlimited plans @ $29.99 each WITHOUT BEING THROTTLED DOWN AND also be allowed to upgrade all phones from what we currently have (ranging from casio exilim to iphone 4s's to iphone 5s's, to 64-gig iphone 6s plusses at no charge, or even test out their newer models.  Because if I were to upgrade my last remaining unlimited data phone, it would lose that unlimited plan, too. So it is stuck with throttled-down iphone 4s-16 gig. (those of you with these crappy 5 gigs of useable memory phones know the b/s Apple sells as 16 gigs - but that's another matter) Who knows? I might even  forget the phone numbers of the individuals mentioned above. You see, I am certain they won't change them because their commerce depends on it. I've actually called those numbers from one of my 5 lines in the past, and have found them blocked. BUT, I have called from numbers they are unaware of just to see if my theory is correct.  In the meantime, I'll do some more research and ... wow, look at that! two pages on this thread! Woah! an article in the Verge:Verizon to raise price of grandfathered unlimited data plans by $20 | The Verge
On top of that, Wells T. Fargo went so far as to cut my credit card limit in half .Despite never missing a payment AND paying off that 30 year mortgage in less than 5 years!
But Verizon? Your coverage and service are Bar-None. But do you really have to be such greedy corporate jerks? I've also been an ontime-paying, loyal customer with you for over 20 years. Over those years, you've really renegged your end of our agreements - this time, you're just plain harrassing us.

Personal information and profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

UnlimitedData17
Enthusiast - Level 1

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that Verizon does not have the right to charge more. I'll apologize if I misread, but you seemed to make the implication that we are getting something in return for this price hike? This is a bit of an exaggeration, but it was almost as if we have something to be grateful for when nothing changed in our favor except the timing of when the full retail price of new phones we buy are due, and we are facing a major price increase to get that 'privilege'.

I wish everyone had access to unlimited data plans. I also wish I could have continued to buy "subsidized" phones the last 5 years though like those who were not on the unlimited plans. That was me "giving a little".

Weth
Legend

Your contract long expired and gets renewed only 1 month at a time.  Next month, it changes.  You can accept and pay, or quit. Pretty simple.

wllmwhthd

I have been buying my phones at full price to keep my unlimited data and now they want to hike the unlimited price I don't think Verizon understands the word of grandfathered in and may be opening them selves up to a class action on this subject 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The customer agreement does not provide a clause for a class action lawsuit.

There is no rule that sates that they have to offer it at the same price forever. Is your cable service the sae price forever?