Unlimited Data Plan - Clarification
rn53982a

Hi all,

I apologize as I realize this has been asked/discussed many times, however I am trying to clarity for keeping my unlimited data plan since I am getting different answers from Verizon store associates and when I call Verizon support.

I am currently granfathered into Verizon's unlimited data plan and have an iPhone 4 that I am no longer happy with.  I want to buy a Galaxy S4 off contract at full price so I am not changing the terms of my agreement so I can keep my unlimited data.

I was told that since my iPhone 4 is not 4G LTE and the Galaxy S4 is, that by activating the S4 it would move me to 4G which essentially alters my agreement and will force me into a shared plan.

Can someone on here verify the accuracy of this statement because the answer seems to differ depending on what Verizon Wireless store I walk into or whom I speak with on the phone.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Plan - Clarification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan doesn't indicate that it is for 3G or 4G only. If you purchase a 4G LTE smartphone at full retail price, you don't extend or renew your contract. You don't have to change your data plan from the unlimited data plan to a tiered data plan. You just need to get a 4G LTE SIM card to activate the new device. The SIM cards are free at a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.