Unlimited Data Package
ybbvc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel betrayed after many years of being a dedicated Verizon customer with 4 phones. I just learned that Verizon changed my features 6 months ago when I replaced my old Blackberry Tour with a new Blackbery Tour upgrade. A week later the new Blackberry malfunctioned so it was again replaced. At that time, Verizon changed my unlimited data package (which I had since 2007) to a limited Data package. I told them I wanted a new blackberry since I was eligible for a new phone but wanted the features as I always had. Unfortunately, they claim an automatic default to unlimited data and now cannot give it back. They also tried to pacify the situation by telling me I have not over used my data. S What!!! This does not justify them changing my features without my consent. I just might want to use more data in the future. Then what, they will charge me an extra $10. I think Verizon should wait for a customers confirmation before they change any features regardless of how they notify you of changes. I did not ask for a change and I find their processe of deceit toward consumers should be address publicly.

In addition, I swapped numbers on devices for one day (Thursday to Friday). Friday, Jan 20th at 9:45pm, I asked tech support to re-switch the device numbers back to the original phones. The technician did not demonstrate competence in understanding and following through with my request. At 10:30 the switch had not completed. I called back to a different technician supervisor and they said it was in pending status. At 2:00 am, my phones were still not sending or receiving calls. Finally at 9am Saturday morning, the activation was completed. Twelve hours is a very long time to switch device phone numbers when it took less that two minutes to do the initial switch Thursday during the day shift technicians.

Also, I was in the process of reviewing possibly purchasing a blackberry tablet from Verizon. I did not want to relearn to use a different device and wanted to stay with Blackberry since I have hand one since 2007. Now, I feel there is some conspiracy (harsh word) in Verizon relationships with their customers subtly forcing them to   same price for lower grade service while still holding them to a contract that they actually breached.

This is my first but worst experience with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Package
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ybbvc,

I hate that you had such a disappointing experience with our service, so I would like to try and restore your confidence in our service.

If you'd like, I would like to review your account to see why your unlimited data feature was not grandfathered to your new Blackberry device upgrade.

As far as the device swap issue it typically is done within minutes; however based on what you mentioned in your post, system limitations caused the delay in the switch.  The equipment change is a simple procedure for our representatives, but the system limitation may have caused this to take longer than usual.

You also expressed an interest in a Blackberry tablet; we currently do not support Blackberry tablets on our network.  Check out our wide selection of tablets here.

Again, if you'd like, send me a Direct Message so I can review your account in regards to the unlimited feature change.

I hope I have addressed all of your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ybbvc
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Agentmanremjr

>Post deleted for cross posting in multiple areas<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator