Unjustice of contract/account rule modification dates
AshleighC

Isn't it becoming unjust and corrupt for Verizon to make new rules about accounts and contracts and forcing us to apply them in our current contract?  In most circumstances, when a new law or rule is created, it cannot be applied back to past crimes or agreements.  However, every time Verizon makes a change they pick a date it goes into effect and, regardless of when your contract expires or what your previous deal offered, you're forced into whatever date they've decided works for them.  I'm tired of it.  I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for over a decade and I constantly feel like they don't value us or consider us in any of their decisions.  I'm constantly disappointed.

First, I've tried to talk to them about letting me have unlimited data.  I was a Verizon customer when they switched from unlimited to 4GB.  However, at the time I couldn't afford the $29.99 monthly data fee and when they made the announcement and selected their date for the switch, my contract was no where near expiration.  So, if I had wanted the unlimited data, I was going to have to pay out of pocket for the full price of a smartphone just to have it. 

Now, I have a smartphone but it has been having issues for months.  First, it wasn't charging properly.  This still causes me occasional issues but I went into a Verizon store and asked them for help and they said I had to leave my phone with them all day so they could prove it or they couldn't do anything.  This is my only phone and the only option I have for people to contact me.  I couldn't just leave it there without some kind of temporary replacement.  So, I left.  Now, for the past few weeks it has started rebooting itself regularly.  I've been trying to fix it myself since I know the customer service will be unhelpful.  I have been hoping to make it at least last until I was SUPPOSED to qualify for an upgrade 20 months after my last contract which would be November. 

However, ALL OF THE SUDDEN, today, I noticed that I am no longer allowed to upgrade unless it has been exactly 24 months since my contract which means next March.  My phone is on life support and I seriously doubt it will last that long.  This is nothing but a way of forcing loyal customers into early upgrades and replacements to make more money.

If Verizon is going to change the rules all of the sudden, it should apply to every contract that starts after a selected date!  Not be applied to every existing and new contract starting on a date!  If they want this to start in January 2014, hen every contract started prior to that date should continue with the 20 month upgrade and every contract started after January 2014 should require 24 months. 

If Verizon would offer their customers this tiny consideration, I would have received the unlimited data and the 20 month upgrade that I should have received anyway.  Especially after begin a loyal customer who has never missed a payment for over a decade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unjustice of contract/account rule modification dates
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Upgrade dates and features including unlimited data were never part of the customer agreement so there is no unjust anything. Verizon sent out notice that things would change and they changed them, since they were never a part of any customer agreement, they can do that as much as they want, seems kind of crummy but thats the way it is.

AshleighC

I didn't say anything about the customer agreement and I'm sure it wasn't included just so they had the legal right to do things like this.  However, just because it's legal doesn't make it right.  What I'm referring to is the customer/corporate relationship which is highly damaged by behavior like this.  Meaning that even though it is legal, it is still unjust.  Maybe you should see what a business SCHOOL would say about this relationship.  I'm sure they would say that while it is legal it causes loss of trust, respect, and loyalty in customers causing them to look for other companies that will treat them better.

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

OK then counter the business SCHOOL arguement with the fact that the other companies are bleeding customers while verizon is GAINING then exponentially.

0 Likes
AshleighC

Perhaps it is.  However, I did not start this post to argue with you about business.  My only purpose was to draw attention to a practice I, and I'm sure many others, disagree with.  If Verizon still offered a direct email to corporate I would have simply emailed my complaint to them.  I will not longer be responding to your posts regarding this issue.  You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However the reply post to you made a good point.

"If verizons customers were of the same mindset as your post, they would be losing customers and not gaining over 1 million new activations"

It is your personal opinion and you are entitled to it, some may share it. Evidently many do not.

Good Luck

0 Likes
AshleighC

Thank you for your thoughts.  However, I'm sure that Verizon's success is due to other factors such as coverage, friends and family, in network texting, and other items that make people select them.  I highly doubt the majority of customers are happy to have rules forced on them that they had no say in.  Unfortunately, it has just become the "corporate way" so the majority have just accepted it.  As I will be forced to.

Thanks...

0 Likes
Not applicable

All those observations are true.

Large corporate America and those of other countries have the power at the moment. Until direct competition is achieved those companies will continue their practices.

0 Likes