Unhappy
Afowler3475

So I have a phone on my account that's be non working for almost a year due to a software malfunction  I've been paying for it as well as the insurance and I've had a real hard time getting it resolved. The contract ends 11/20/2016 what would I pay to cancel the Contract ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unhappy
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you have Insurnace, why are you not using it to replace the phone?  Yes, there is a deductable on insurance.

However, warranty has no deductable, but expires in one year.  Had you been proactive, you would have a working phone, replaced under the manufactures warranty.

Most software issues can be fixed by a factory reset of the phone.

You can cancel the line, but will be charged and ETF on the line, or the balance of any Edge payments.

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you have Insurnace, why are you not using it to replace the phone?  Yes, there is a deductable on insurance.

However, warranty has no deductable, but expires in one year.  Had you been proactive, you would have a working phone, replaced under the manufactures warranty.

Most software issues can be fixed by a factory reset of the phone.

You can cancel the line, but will be charged and ETF on the line, or the balance of any Edge payments.

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you're paying for insurance have you actually used it to get a replacement device? Just to be sure the issue isn't just your current device. As far as how much you would have to pay...it would be the ETF which I believe is $350 - $10 for every month you have completed (I may be wrong on this). You can contact Verizon and find out exactly what your ETF is. This is assuming you are under contract. If you have a device payment plan then you would have to pay the remaining balance of your phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's 350-10 per month completed after the first.

Just recently last year if you signed a contract it changed by bunches like every 3 months it goes down X dollars.

You go by when you signed the contract not what it is now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

yep that's the new one, but before Nov 14 it's the old way where it's 350 - 10 per month completed after the first month.

Snn5
Legend

OP states:  The contract ends 11/20/2016

I figure on or after Nov 14, 2014 on a 2 year plan means that a contract ending Nov 20, 2016 means that my info relates.

Tidbits
Legend

looks complicated.  If my math is correct. he's looking around 260ish?

Snn5
Legend

Precisely.  $260 based on $10 off per months 7-15 (June 2015 through February 2016. 9 monthsx$10=$90 and $350-$80=$260.

Afowler3475

Thank you for all the information I really appreciate it, looks like I'll be bringing the phone back to Verizon and cancel the whole thing Ive been dealing with this way to long between insurance company and Verizon's corporate store. Thank you again

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You wouldn't need to give the phone back to Verizon, but they can cancel the service for you at a store or by phone.