Unexplained Data Usage and Charges
rubystone625

My data usage according to Verizon, far exceeds what the two smart phones on my plan display. I understand there may be small differences,  but we are talking exponential differences. As an example this morning  at: 835am one line had 500mb when I was driving to the store. We are heavy data users at times but the  phones are set to use wireless when possible and tethering is done  manually. Is it possible to get an application break down for each line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unexplained Data Usage and Charges
Ilikemath
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have an android device and you go under data usage it will show you wha tyour are using your data on

0 Likes
Unexplained Data Usage and Charges
rubystone625

Yes, that's true. However, the data amount the phones show is 1/10 of what Verizon is billing me for. Thus, my problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rubystone625,

I am sorry to hear about the confusion over your data usage. I absolutely want to make sure your usage is being calculated correctly.

Llikemath makes a good suggestion by checking the data usage on the phone directly.  I would recommend checking your usage through My Verizon.  It won't show you exactly what was used, but it will show you how much data was used and at what time.  That will give you a better idea of the data being used.

Visit http://vz.to/Im8cDv for tools on how to monitor your usage.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to keep data usage down and that you want to monitor your usage. Make sure that your bill cycle date is correct. The phone will give a an estimate of certain apps used. The most accurate is via My Verizon as this will show the dates and times and amounts of all usage.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes