Unethical practices
ra999

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for the past 18 years. I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy S9 and activated on Nov 9th with a 14 day return policy. There were $400.00 Black Friday deals which I wanted to claim since it was a in-store deal only. When I went to the store to return my phone to get the new deal, the store employee told me my 14 day ended yesterday. I told him they should give me an extra day as all the stores were closed yesterday due to Black Friday. Currently I am getting messed up of 400.00 due to a technicality. I feel I should be able to get the 400.00 as it was not my fault. I did go to the store yesterday and all the stores were closed. I switched from AT&T to Verizon due to their unethical practices. Now I am thinking to switch from Verizon. What these guys are doing to me is plain immoral.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unethical practices
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The corporate stores should have been open on Black Friday. Your 14th day was on Thursday which was a day when the stores were closed. The return policy period is calendar days not business days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's immoral because they followed their own polices? Why did you bother to get a phone on the 9th when you knew Black Friday was coming up? Black Friday happens every year so it's not like it was going to be a surprise. Good luck at your next carrier as they will have the SAME polices. No offense but you have pretty entitled attitude to think you should get $400. If you had waited 2 weeks to get your new phone this wouldn't be an issue. Whose fault is that? You wouldn't have gotten $400 since you would have been charged a $50 restocking fee and just so you know that $400 would be monthly device credits.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The only day stores closed were thanksgiving day.  Knowing this, you would not be able to take a Black Friday deal when your return option ended before Black Friday.

The 14th day was the 22nd (thanksgiving day) not the 23rd or 24th.

9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22.  Count it, 14 days.  The day of purchase is day 1. 

To get the deal you had to buy later or redeem before thanksgiving

0 Likes
kevinm_vzw
Verizon Employee

ra999, I can certainly understand your frustration, and I would like to make sure that we have a full understanding of the situation. As Ann154 mentioned, most corporate store locations were open on Friday 11/23, unless you went to an authorized retailer. This may simply be the case where they may have different business hours. I would like to set the appropriate expectations that you have 14 days from the day of purchase to return or exchange your device to receive the promotion you were seeking. For more details on our return/exchange policy, please click on the following link: Verizon Wireless ReturnExchange Procedures | Verizon Wireless. I have also sent you a Private Message to further discuss this if you would like. 

KevinM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ra999

Yes I went to the authorized dealer. When I went to the corporate store they said I can return only in the store where I bought and they were closed on that day

0 Likes
ra999

Just a small correction. I mean to say stores were closed due to Thanksgiving and not black friday

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And that was correct.  Just like other authorized retailers, Best Buy, Walmart, you had to deal with the retailer for the transaction, both transactions.  You would have had to buy from a corporate store to return to a corporate store And get the promotion.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ra999 wrote:

Just a small correction. I mean to say stores were closed due to Thanksgiving and not black friday

If the plan was to get a Black Friday sale, you had to still be eligible for return on Friday the 23.   Buying just 1 day later would have made the difference. 

0 Likes