Unable to register an account or activate device
angelark

I bought an iphone 4 with prepaid service about a month ago. I was still on another company's plan when I bought it, and asked a live chat rep if I could wait to activate. He said yes, you can activate any time.

I went to activate the iphone last night and it was unable to be completed. I'm also completely unable to register an account with verizon and constantly get error messages.

I tried calling customer service directly last night. When I punched in my phone number, it said my next bill would be October 17th. That shouldn't be the case, as I hadn't even received my phone in the mail yet on that date so I certainly couldn't have activated it. Anyway, I couldn't reach anyone on the phone to help me last night and still can't this morning - I keep receiving messages that they can't process my request.

Here's what I also don't get - my phone works at the moment. I can make calls and send texts. If the phone isn't activated, how am I able to do this?

I just want to be able to activate and register without any problems, and make sure I haven't been being charged since the 17th when my phone hadn't even been activated.

I also can't even live chat with someone because I can't register.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to register an account or activate device
mjgibeault029
Enthusiast - Level 2

JUST SPOKE WITH VZW AND THEY SAID THE PROB WILL BE FIXED BY 11PM TONIGHT... WAS DUE TO AN UPDATE THAT HAD ISSUES!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yumyum

sorry i am not here for a solution but I have the same issue.  all of my prepaid phones haven't be able to connect to *611 and my verizon since last night.  makes me more frustrated because there is no announcement on their webpage.

0 Likes
angelark

I guess that means it's an issue with Verizon, then, and probably not just us. It's definitely frustrating, activating shouldn't be this much of a hassle... I'm planning to go into the Verizon store today to see what they say, and I'll try to let you know if it's fixed!

0 Likes
mjgibeault029
Enthusiast - Level 2

JUST SPOKE WITH VZW AND THEY SAID THE PROB WILL BE FIXED BY 11PM TONIGHT... WAS DUE TO AN UPDATE THAT HAD ISSUES!!!

0 Likes
jsx

Yeah, I got the same thing from VZW after spending hours on hold yesterday (10/5/14) and another hour on hold today.  They told me yesterday it would be fixed by today (10/6/14), and it isn't.  They told me this morning it would be fixed in a couple hours, and it still isn't.  Now they're telling me another 2-3 hours.  But I don't trust them anymore.

One of the things that bothers me is, that when I call the number for Prepaid Customer Service (888-294-6804), I'm first put on hold for a long time, then when I finally get a rep, it's someone in the Postpaid Customer Service group.  The reason for this, (that I found out from one of the countless reps I've spoken to over the last 2 days) is if the Prepaid is overwhelmed with calls, it rolls over to the other group.  But that just guarantees yet MORE TIME ON HOLD, because the first thing the CSR does after getting my number is that THEY transfer me BACK to the Prepaid group.  And of all the reps I've spoken to, after all the countless transfers back and forth, ONLY ONE OR TWO ACTUALLY WERE AWARE OF ACTIVATION BEING DOWN.  WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL ME THAT IN A RECORDING?  SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER ON HOLD?????

0 Likes
yumyum

Jeez.  I called prepaid customer service, too.  After a looooooooooooooooooooooong hold, they told me the same thing that jsx was told.  2-3 hours?  it's been 7 hours already and I still am not be able to do anything. 

yes, why do they make customers wait on hold

0 Likes
mjgibeault029
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my phone working again... thanks to a very thorough service rep!

What she had to do was re-subscribe me to my $50 unlimited plan and sync it... whatever that means i havent a clue but i got text sayingni was suscribed to the $50 monthly unlimited plan... then one that said $50 unlimited plan synced... AND BANG... I HAD A WORKING PHONE AGAIN!!

HOPE THIS HELPS... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:-)

0 Likes
yumyum

After I read mjgibeault029's post, I tried for mine again.  Yes, It seems to be back to normal.  Thank god it took for days.

0 Likes