Unable to receive SMS from NON iPhone users
tk1968
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help.  I have called and reset my phone, turned off iMessage and all settings are correct.  Also texts do not go through!  What's odd is that if I send a message to an iPhone user from my phone, the response only goes to my iPad.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and the fact that I don't have the LTE I pay for half the time in the heart of the city or anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to receive SMS from NON iPhone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be getting your texts on  your phone! Click the link to deactivate iMessages from your iPad http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5185 . Once they stop coming into your iPad as an iMessage they will start coming into your phone. Can you tell me a bit more about what is going on with your LTE? Do you get LTE/4G anywhere? What model phone are you using? What zipcode are you in? Looking forward to getting this resolved for you!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What phone are you using? Did you recently get a new phone? What was your previous phone?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Can you make calls?  Sounds like you lost connection to vzw and are only using the phone on WiFi.   take the Sim card out carefully and reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be getting your texts on  your phone! Click the link to deactivate iMessages from your iPad http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5185 . Once they stop coming into your iPad as an iMessage they will start coming into your phone. Can you tell me a bit more about what is going on with your LTE? Do you get LTE/4G anywhere? What model phone are you using? What zipcode are you in? Looking forward to getting this resolved for you!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes