Unable to port over prepaid Verizon number to existing post paid account
gail6418

After purchasing an IPad 12 Pro Max at a local Verizon store the store is having difficulty in adding an existing phone number from a Verizon prepaid account to an existing post paid Verizon account. Both accounts have been active for years. I received the phone on 30 November 2020 and still do not have a useable phone on 12 December 2020, no phone number. The prepaid account has been removed so I have no useable cell phone.

The local store sales associate has been bounced from one Verizon support group to another without any success. The issue is being elevated through the associate’s managers. This is unacceptable.

Both the sales associate
 and I are very frustrated with the support he is being given. Please give Carlton a call at the Verizon Meredith NH store @ (603) 677-7008 if someone could assist.

If there is a better place for me to go to get him some help please let me know. 

Thanks and regards, Wayne

0 Likes
Re: Unable to port over prepaid Verizon number to existing post paid account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to learn about the troubles on this mobile number transfer, I'm sure you are eager to use this new device. To confirm, are you trying to transfer this prepaid number after the account has been removed? 

0 Likes
gail6418

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The long story... at the Verizon store the associate started by submitting the move of a prepaid number to an existing unlimited account while the prepaid account was still active. We were given the phone and told we were all set. Later on that day no number, and still no number the next morning.

Apparently what was done at the store to port the phone number wasn’t successful. The store associate got tech support involved, he was passed around different groups and nothing changed that day. The next day I found the prepaid phone was no longer was working.

Today I called the store who told me they couldn’t be of any help any more, it was beyond their capabilities and we should call customer support. When we asked for upper management we were told there wasn’t anyone available full time, the regional manager sometimes drops in and would possibly be in in the afternoon and we could call the store then to see if he was available. 

After an hour on the phone with customer support, mostly listening to repetitive music, speaking with four friendly people, the last associate in accounts said they couldn’t port the prepaid number over due to it being an invalid number, we were given the impression it was because of the account being removed.

Bottom line a new number. This was a frustrating and an unnecessary adventure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gail6418, we want to make sure that you can get the help needed when porting your number over. So we can discuss this, please send us a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
gail6418

I do not require any more of Verizon’s assistance. Thanks and regards...

0 Likes