Highlighted

Unable to connect to internet after uninstalling Norton 360

After uninstalling Norton 360 software the wireless connection displays Local Only. I have read a couple dozen forums and other sites for "fixes" and have yet to find a solution.

We're using a Mifi 4620LE Jetpack and all other devices connect immediately with no problems. Other devices include various smart phones, a tablet and a netbook. I set up a hotspot using my phone (different service provider) and the machine in question (running Windows Vista Home Premium) will not connect to the internet using either wireless network. We have no means for a hardwired connection, only wireless.

I have tried as many solutions as could find and nothing yet has worked.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect to internet after uninstalling Norton 360

Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us, pop1930. We're here to try and offer some suggestions. We do not typically troubleshoot computers, but I can try and offer a few suggestions to see if they help. Vista can be finnicky when it comes to changes. Have you tried deleting the network connection on your computer for the Jetpack? This way when you connect, it recognizes it more as a new connection? This way you can choose what type of network it is, and hopefully remove the Local Only point.

It is also likely that removing your Norton service changed the Firewall protection setting for your internet connection. If you are running windows firewall or something similar, try disabling it temporarily to see if your internet connection returns. You may need to configure your firewall to allow the internet connection or browser so you have access again. Hope this helps!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect to internet after uninstalling Norton 360

Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us, pop1930. We're here to try and offer some suggestions. We do not typically troubleshoot computers, but I can try and offer a few suggestions to see if they help. Vista can be finnicky when it comes to changes. Have you tried deleting the network connection on your computer for the Jetpack? This way when you connect, it recognizes it more as a new connection? This way you can choose what type of network it is, and hopefully remove the Local Only point.

It is also likely that removing your Norton service changed the Firewall protection setting for your internet connection. If you are running windows firewall or something similar, try disabling it temporarily to see if your internet connection returns. You may need to configure your firewall to allow the internet connection or browser so you have access again. Hope this helps!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes