Two people have called me from my area saying that I called them and my phone number showed up on their caller ID but I don't know them nor did I call
Adias76
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the past two weeks I have received calls from two separate individuals whom I do not know, yet they say they are returning my call from earlier and that my phone number is showing up on their caller ID.  The first person said that I even left a message on her answering machine.  Of course I did not.  All I can do is apologize and try to explain that it wasn't me and I don't know what is going on.  I just got this phone number about 2 months ago and I have never had this problem before.

0 Likes
Re: Two people have called me from my area saying that I called them and my phone number showed up on their caller ID but I don't know them nor did I
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, your number was likely spoofed. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Two people have called me from my area saying that I called them and my phone number showed up on their caller ID but I don't know them nor did I
rcschnoor
Legend

Just let them know it wasn't you and leave it at that. There is nothing you can do to prevent someone from spoofing your number.

0 Likes
Re: Two people have called me from my area saying that I called them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adias76, 

We understand these calls are annoying at best.

Spoofing is not caused by an error in the network or your phone. Spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses a paid service (like Spooftel, Spoofer or Spoof Card), which allows the calling party to change the message sent as Caller ID. We recommend that you follow this link http://bit.ly/2yhDVpG to be able to file a complaint of concern regarding this situation.

Check out our Call Filter https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ Application to help block spam and unwanted calls.

Please let us know if this information helps clarify your concern.

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes