Two people gave the same bad advice and it's costing me $300+
Ugh1

So I have phone on my plan that was stolen and I want to have it removed from the plan. I call Verizon and am told that if I get a tablet, it can replace the phone and I won't be charged the early termination fee. Sounds good, right? So I get the ipad and it's added to my plan. I call last week to have the replacement done and the rep says everything is cool. The deletion/switch has been done. Well, I go online to check to make sure and the phone is still on there. I call Verizon Wireless and am first told sure it can be done and then after being on hold for a while, am told it can't happen because I bought the ipad on the Edge program and that it was going to cost me $300 to remove the line that wasn't being used. When I mentioned that two people had told me it could be done (with no mention of Edge) the rep had nothing to say - - no sorry for the misunderstanding - - nothing. So I'm stuck with an ipad I don't necessarily need and the fee that I was told by two people I wouldn't be charged.

Pissed doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two people gave the same bad advice and it's costing me $300
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ugh-

I apologize for any misinformation that was given to you and for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Since the line is now on the Edge plan you would pay a fee to disconnect that line.  Are you having issues with the ipad?  Why are you no longer needing the ipad? 

EmmaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Two people gave the same bad advice and it's costing me $300
Ugh1

It's not that I have a problem with the ipad. That is fine. The problem for me is that I was told that I could replace an iphone 4 with the ipad and not be charged the service fee (keep in mind from two verizon reps). Now it looks like I will be $300 for a phone that costs me 99 cents because I was given misinformation. And what really pisses me off is that the rep I talked to this morning first told me that someone was making the change and then came back and said it couldn't be done. He never apologized for the miscommunication or anything. I did ask that the line be taken off and the $300 added to my bill. I'm going to check again tomorrow and if it's not been done I will move every bit of my business to another carrier who has agreed to pay any early termination and transfer charges. More than anything, I am really disappointed with the customer service. In addition to cell service, I have home phone, cable and internet with Verizon and this has really made me rethink continuing my busines with you.

0 Likes