Turn Off Date/Time Stamp During Voicemail Playback - please help.
karag

I want to turn off date/time stamp during voicemail playback.  Everything I read says go to Personal Options, then Administrative Options but I do not have Administrative Options.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turn Off Date/Time Stamp During Voicemail Playback - please help.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you dial in to your voicemail, and press 4 for Personal options, what are the next prompts?  Pressing 2 *should* take you to Admin options, and then 4 for envelope options to toggle on or off, or 2 again to get to the envelope options.

If you are not getting these options, it may be because you are on  prepaid? 

0 Likes
boxerdog826
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I am not on prepaid.  The choices in the personal options menu are :

1-Change password

3-Change personal greeting

5-Change Language

* - Exit

There is no choice to change the envelope options.  Is this just not available anymore? I hate having to listen to the whole thing when all that information is already available in my list of missed calls.  Thanks; I know this thread is pretty old at this point.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the "tree" of menu options but it does say not available for all  - when I call in I press 4 (Personal options),  then 2 for Administrative options, then 4 for envelope.  If yours isn't the same, then are personal and administrative options separate on the main menu?  Call customer service and see if they can set it for you, or tell you how to get to the envelope options?  Are you using Visual Voicemail; perhaps that menu is different?

dhool
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following up on Reply2. I spent quite a while today chatting with Verizon support about this issue. After 2 hours of troubleshooting, they concluded that the Admin option is not available for IPhone users. It is only available for Android phones. They claim that the mandatory playing of envelope information is hardcoded in the iOS of the phone. I pointed out that I know IPhone AT&T users don't have this problem, so that explanation doesn't hold water. Bottom line, apparently the only way to enable this feature is to switch carriers (to AT&T, for example). If anyone else has a better solution, let the rest of us know,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dhool,

We never want to see our customers go. We know how important is to get your phone to work. With iPhone users, you don't have the option to access the admin settings through voice mail. This is because the iPhones have visual voice mail versus the standard Verizon voice mail.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes