Trying to keep my unlimited data and save some $$$
kairot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to find out if I can I transfer a new phone with verizon edge plan to an existing unlimited data line? That way I can avoid upgrade fees?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to keep my unlimited data and save some $$$
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would this be within the same account or would you be moving the device from one account to another? The Verizon Edge program usually or works if the account is on the Share Everything Plans or the individual line has the data plan changed to the "Max" data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kairot
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is within the same account, nationwide family plan. If I upgraded a basic line with verizon edge, and once that phone comes in, can I transfer to another line with unlimited data?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think that will work. The Max data plan is only for line that currently have a smartphone and the unlimited data plan.

Otherwise you have to be out of contract and on the Share Everything Plans.

If you are planning to upgrade the basic phone line, upgrade it as usually with a regular two year contract. Accept the terms and conditions of the contract on that line. Then you will reactivate the basic phone on that line. Finally the new smartphone would be free to activate on the line with the unlimited data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kairot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I see, thanks for your help!

0 Likes