Trusted contacts and time restrictions
Mabu8882

My family has 5 phones on our account. Using Family Base, I have set time restrictions on two of the phones, used by my children, as well as trusted contacts for each of these two phones. I would like to restrict the times my kids can use their phones to place calls, text, or use data to (as an example) weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 pm.  However, my older child has sports practices several times a week that sometimes last beyond 9:30 p.m. and needs to be able to call me or my spouse (both on the account AND set up as trusted contacts) when practices are over so that we can arrange transportation home. Since we don't always know when practices may run a couple minutes late, it's impossible to continually change the time restrictions to accommodate that.  How do I ensure my children can absolutely ALWAYS contact or be contacted by either parent or each other without restrictions and still place time restrictions on all other contacts.  Basically, I want to turn off all usage after a specific time each night but for safety purposes, I feel it is absolutely necessary that my children are still able to send and receive calls/texts to and from trusted contacts.  It appears the trusted contacts feature doesn't work this way.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know that it matters but one child has an iPhone 5 and one has a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trusted contacts and time restrictions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of always staying connected with your kids Mabu8882. By the sound of things it looks like you have taken all the steps needed for the restrictions. You should be able to set restrictions and still make/receive calls from trusted contacts. Take a look on how to manage contacts here:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/ . What happens when you try to make a call to the trusted contacts after this time? You power off and on controlled devices after the restrictions were made?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mabu8882

Thank you for replying so promptly.  To answer your question, yes, the devices, actually every single one of them, have been powered off and on several times, after changing the settings, and just in general over the past several months.  Even after powering on/off, attempting to change the times to something different, deleting and then re-entering the trusted contacts, etc., the restricted phones are neither able to call out or receive a call to/from any of the trusted contacts. I keep thinking I have to be missing something in the steps I'm taking, but even when I follow the instructions word-for-word, it's as though the trusted contacts part doesn't seem to work.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As long as you need help we will always be here for you Mabu8882. This definitely throws a wrench into thing. This should not be happening. Let’s dig  a bit deeper and look into the specifics of the application. What happens when you try to place a call, any error messages receive? You adding the 1 in front of the phone number? Have you tried deleting the trusted contact and adding it once again? Would you be able to add a different trusted contact that is not associated to the account so we may narrow this down?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes