Truly Disgusted with Verizon
Bisabella
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am truly disgusted with what I went through with Verizon over the last week. I have been a loyal customer for 11 years, always pay my bill on time, and have never had a problem. This last week has erased all positive memories because of the gross negligence of the Verizon customer service team. Long story short:

Tuesday May 21 - I called to find out about an early upgrade. I was TOLD by customer service that they would not give me an early upgrade and that the only way “around it” was to sign up for the early edge program, order a phone, and then when I receive the phone go to a verizon store and cancel the edge and return the phone and at that point I would be eligible for a NEW 2-year contract.

Thursday May 23rd (4pm-6:30pm) – I go to the Verizon store to cancel the edge program and return the phone because that is what I was told to do. When I arrive, the Verizon worker told me that whoever told me that was stupid for telling me that and that is not how it works. I spent over two hours at the store trying to figure out who told me this and why they did. At the store, we called Verizon customer service. The customer service representative yelled at the store worker and manager for no reason and ended up hanging up the phone after talking to her for 30 minutes…leaving us still questioning what to do next. Hours out of my life were not taken into consideration by Verizon wireless.

Thursday May 23rd (7:30pm) – I call Verizon wireless again to see what Verizon could do about my major inconvenience and misguidance. So far Verizon wireless has done a great job of making me as though my time and inconvenience meant nothing. The woman says that she will put me through for an early upgrade due to my inconvenience. (But I was initially told two days ago that this could not happen). She says she will put it in for next day shipping and I will receive the phone by Saturday. I finally thought things were going to work out. I was headed out on a weekend trip the following day so they said I would receive it at my hotel by noon on Saturday (25th)

Saturday 25th – I call Verizon wireless to check up on the status of my phone. Sooooo, since there was a special early upgrade being granted a supervisor had to process the request. Of course, that was not done and I did not receive my phone because the order was still pending on Saturday.

This is the long story short. Every time I call Verizon I get some new person who I have to explain everything to all over again. The moral of the story is that Verizon wireless did a great job of making me feel like nothing. I have been with them for 11 years. I asked for someone who has some kind of authority around there to give me a call to discuss my 4-day fiasco. I literally despise how this was handled. The employees that I spoke with were negligent and inept. Talk about DISAPPOINTMENT! I can only hope to spread the word that Verizon wireless customer service is incompetent and they do not care about the loyal customers.

Labels (1)
Re: Truly Disgusted with Verizon
Snn5
Legend

Bisabella wrote:

I am truly disgusted with what I went through with Verizon over the last week. I have been a loyal customer for 11 years, always pay my bill on time, and have never had a problem. This last week has erased all positive memories because of the gross negligence of the Verizon customer service team. Long story short:

Tuesday May 21 - I called to find out about an early upgrade. I was TOLD by customer service that they would not give me an early upgrade and that the only way “around it” was to sign up for the early edge program, order a phone, and then when I receive the phone go to a verizon store and cancel the edge and return the phone and at that point I would be eligible for a NEW 2-year contract.

That's a horrible work-around of policy.  Never would I take a phone on an agreement that states that I agree to pay the total cost plus taxes on a device and then try to return it, pay the restocking fee if getting a different phone (if required since you would basically be turning around and buying the same phone again possibly.)  All kinds of ways to get caught up in a mess there.  It is true you would be out of your contract after going to Early Edge, but what if a month down the road that contract phone you had to turn into Verizon to pay the ETF for the contract cancellation so that you could get onto Edge early comes up lost or damaged?  Now there's another $300.  Nope to all that.

Thursday May 23rd (4pm-6:30pm) – I go to the Verizon store to cancel the edge program and return the phone because that is what I was told to do. When I arrive, the Verizon worker told me that whoever told me that was stupid for telling me that and that is not how it works. I spent over two hours at the store trying to figure out who told me this and why they did. At the store, we called Verizon customer service. The customer service representative yelled at the store worker and manager for no reason and ended up hanging up the phone after talking to her for 30 minutes…leaving us still questioning what to do next. Hours out of my life were not taken into consideration by Verizon wireless.

What happened between 6:30pm and 7:30pm?

Thursday May 23rd (7:30pm) – I call Verizon wireless again to see what Verizon could do about my major inconvenience and misguidance. So far Verizon wireless has done a great job of making me as though my time and inconvenience meant nothing. The woman says that she will put me through for an early upgrade due to my inconvenience. (But I was initially told two days ago that this could not happen). She says she will put it in for next day shipping and I will receive the phone by Saturday. I finally thought things were going to work out. I was headed out on a weekend trip the following day so they said I would receive it at my hotel by noon on Saturday (25th)

You say the phone will be sent in 2 days, but you didn't state if you returned the original Edge phone after 6:30pm.

Saturday 25th – I call Verizon wireless to check up on the status of my phone. Sooooo, since there was a special early upgrade being granted a supervisor had to process the request. Of course, that was not done and I did not receive my phone because the order was still pending on Saturday.

What ever happened to the original contract phone and the Edge phone you got to replace it?

This is the long story short. Every time I call Verizon I get some new person who I have to explain everything to all over again. The moral of the story is that Verizon wireless did a great job of making me feel like nothing. I have been with them for 11 years. I asked for someone who has some kind of authority around there to give me a call to discuss my 4-day fiasco. I literally despise how this was handled. The employees that I spoke with were negligent and inept. Talk about DISAPPOINTMENT! I can only hope to spread the word that Verizon wireless customer service is incompetent and they do not care about the loyal customers.

Where are you in this process?  There are key points and actions missing here.  Timeline is confusing.

Bisabella
Enthusiast - Level 1

What happened between 6:30pm and 7:30pm? ( I drove home)

You say the phone will be sent in 2 days, but you didn't state if you returned the original Edge phone after 6:30pm. (the original phone was returned)

What ever happened to the original contract phone and the Edge phone you got to replace it? (the original contract stayed in place. the phone was replaced. the edge was canceled)

Where are you in this process?  There are key points and actions missing here.  Timeline is confusing. (after all this, my original contract is still in place) The key point missing is that I Hate Verizon. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, OK.  Well good luck from here on out.  Glad you got it worked out and resolved.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

UH, yeah.   I'm going with...

I'm appalled they didn't just give you the only honest answer available, which is, " Verizon will no longer do early upgrades on 2 year contracts.     If you want to switch to the Edge financing agreement, we can upgrade your phone to the Droid Turbo only.  "

IN order to "early Edge", you are required to return the previous phone and it must be in excellent condition or you will be charged for the phone.

If you did not want the Droid Turbo.  You have the option to upgrade again.

According to the Edge financing agreement, in order to Upgrade to a device more often than every two years. After 30 days and 75% of the current Edge device is paid off, you are able to upgrade.  You must return the previous device in excellent condition.   You are given credit for the returned device toward another phone.

IF this is what the CS rep had in mind, it is possible.  I think the one catch is your original contract end date is still the earliest date you could trade in the Turbo And upgrade again.

IN the end, it is easier and cheaper to wait until your contract is done.

Weth
Legend

This is not going to work out well for you.

The initial premise of getting an Early Edge phone, returning it and you magically can get a 2 year contract phone is just pure wrong and fantasy. You should have listened to the very good advice the rep at the store and stopped there. A verbal agreement is not an agreement at all.

This is how your story looks:

-You are not eligible for an upgrade, but you want one.

-You call, they tell you are not eligible. You are not happy so keep pushing.

-Rep comes up with some convoluted plan which makes no sense. You lock on to fantasy. Rep says score, I get my Edge bonus

-You try to complete the fantasy process and are told it is fantasy. You want to keep living in fantasy world so you push on

-Supervisor gets request for fantasy upgrade request and says, no way. Phone is not sent.

-You are angry because you did not listen to what you were told was policy but decided to push on until someone said a fantasy you agree with.