Traveling in Italy...PLEASE HELP!
Consuelo13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need HELP!!! I am currently in Italy and have been for 2 days. I recently purchased a rental phone and plan through Verizon but the minute I landed in Italy the phone continues to say no service and I cannot use any other form of communication to Verizon. I've tried live chat but that doesn't seem to work on the computer. I've tried using a public phone but since they are so out of date they don't seem to work anymore. I can't seem to find a way to email Verizon directly. I don't know what to do, any help would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Traveling in Italy...PLEASE HELP!
Altruistic_1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chat world be the best way to communicate with VZW but if you're having problems there, you definitely want to provide more information to make it easier to help you. What model of phone do you have? Did you contact VZW before leaving and let them know where you were going so they could make changes to your account of needed?

0 Likes
AndreamFuchs

how do I do that?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chat can be found by going to the top of the page and clicking Contact Us, then click on Live Chat.

0 Likes
gree80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just returned from Italy, I was there from 3/25 to 4/15.  I had contacted verizon to tell them I was going to Italy and would be there on the dates mentioned, I had my phone checked to make sure I had the correct card and was guaranteed my phone(droid ultra) would work there. NOT TRUE!!!!!! After two weeks of not being able to get it to work, forget tech support they're worthless, I just put it in my suitcase and forgot about it. People have told me there,Italy, the best thing to do is buy a disposable phone for the time your there. I had issues with my credit cards not working and it would have been nice to be able to call the banks, I had to go to the US consulate in Florence to make a call back to my banks to get that straightened out,there only open for us citizens after 2:30pm and remember Italians take a two hr lunch. 12:30/2:30pm. Because of the delay to get the credit card issue resolved two missed tours(confliced with the consulate times) I lost over $450 in money I had pair for tours I could not get to. Not happy with Verizon at all, when my contract is up, bye bye.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings from Italy Consuelo13! Look no further, help is here! We apologize for the trouble you're experiencing but we're here to make sure you stay connected while you travel! As Altruistic_1 sugessted, the first step is to make sure the account is provisioned for international usage. You can check right from My Verizon by http://vz.to/1f0YwAz . Next you'll need to make sure that roaming is activated from the device. What phone make/model do you have?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes