TravelPass is no bargain
Tanner24
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I were Verizon I would be embarrassed to consider the TravelPass a competitive product. As an international customer I consider it an insult. I am overseas up to 15 days a month, and $10 a day extra ($150) is supposed to be some sort of a bargain? For that they think I will stay and not go to T Mobile? I'm quite tired of the Verizon rep touting that they have the best domestic coverage. That may be true but for the international traveler it is hands down,THE WORST. I've been a customer for 25 years and this is the last straw. My travelling phone and I are shipping out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TravelPass is no bargain
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Why don't you just get a local SIM card? In fact it's probably cheaper just to do pre-paid both here and there since you spend 50/50 time.

0 Likes
Re: TravelPass is no bargain
Tanner24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two reasons. The first is the maybe the weakest, but I have done that and it is a bit of a pain. Also, VERIZON seems to have the ability to add APN's locked out with the overseas card that I tried so I was OK for phone but not data. The second, more important thing is the ability to keep the same phone number. I really don't need a local German phone number which is what my Lebara card gave me over there.

Got the new sim chip from T Mobile installed so we'll see how it goes. So far so good.

0 Likes