Transferring Line?
aphil214

I currently have an account with 2 lines.  If I want to transfer one of my lines onto my mother's plan and cancel the other line, will my mother be assuming liability for the charges to the second line, or just the transferred line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring Line?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aphil214. We don't want to lose either of your lines as a customer. But Ann154 is correct that the Assumption of Liability (AOL) process if for each individual line. Meaning your mother can take over the responsibility for one of your lines, leaving the other line under your responsibility. Please let us know if there's something we can help with to avoid even one of your lines leaving the Verizon Wireless family.

For more information about the AOL process, please visit http://bit.ly/JG6iOD

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can just transfer the one line to your mother's account.  It is called Assumption of Liability (AOL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

FYI. If that line has unlimited data, that will be lost in the AOL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aphil214. We don't want to lose either of your lines as a customer. But Ann154 is correct that the Assumption of Liability (AOL) process if for each individual line. Meaning your mother can take over the responsibility for one of your lines, leaving the other line under your responsibility. Please let us know if there's something we can help with to avoid even one of your lines leaving the Verizon Wireless family.

For more information about the AOL process, please visit http://bit.ly/JG6iOD

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Budone & Community!

I just want to clarify that if there is no contract extension during a transaction you will be able to retain your unlimited data. Including an Assumption of Liability (AOL).

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
foamham

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes