Re: Transfer of account through assumption of liability
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I've now called twice and talked to 2 different people.  You're wrong.  I think I'll believe the 2 Verizon employees over you.  Apparently you can get to Silver without providing valid and accurate information.

No more replies necessary from you, Tidbits.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

None given. If it happens the way I expect it to then it would suck for the person who takes over the line.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Again, I had 2 different Verizon employees tell me it will not get lost.  It would be beneficial and helpful to Verizon consumers if people like you would provide information based on FACTS, not on what you THINK.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said before. I have seen it first hand people losing unlimited data and the cursing ensuing at the office.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Since you seem to have all the answers, why don't you dial 611 and let them know they're all wrong.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

>>Attacking comment removed per the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do a simple search here. There are replies by people who lost their unlimited data plans as well as Verizon reps saying they'd lose it during a AOL.

Try it and you may get lucky... Love the name calling. Best of luck.

0 Likes
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Mike. I just wanna let you know, if you port your number to another carrier, that number you are porting WILL disconnect. Meaning, if that is the only line/phone number you have.. then the account will close once the port is complete.  There isn't a way to port the number AND change the number at the same time to process an AOL. Customer Service will tell you that if you plan on porting a number out but still want to process an AOL, it's not possible.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits and ea79, I just did this.  I ported my number to AT&T then called the Winback line and they reactivated my account, assigned a new phone number and revived my original plan including unlimited data.  Then I transferred that plan to someone else and they kept the unlimited data.  Yes, it certainly can be done because I successfully did it.

0 Likes