Trade-in upgrade promotion
Cineva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded some of my phone lines at black Friday promotion, and Verizon supposed to credit me monthly over two year period. They did that for six months, and then last bill they wanted me to reverse the credit. I asked their customer service what happened, and I found that somehow Verizon figured out that it was not a valid promotion. Verizon guy I talked to said that it was a mistake and made a note to have this corrected. Wanted to see if this was happening to lots of us as may be a Verizon politics to harass or cheat their customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in upgrade promotion
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is not out to get you. I could have been a legitimate mistake. Or you are actually not on a legitimate promotion.

However, there is no conspiracy going on. Please don't feed that monster.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone models did you purchase and what day did you purchase them?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cineva
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a crystal clear written promotion at Costco on after black Friday week, I followed all the instructions by the book, I got my monthly credits since February all the way back to December, and then suddenly they hit my July bill with around $350 pay back. If there was a mistake, but it surely wasn't, they could easily catch it from the beginning. I think they are either unprofessional or malicious, and found that there were lots of other people complaining about them. Is there any lawyer among us who could see what was going on and try to correct Verizon's behavior?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Believe what you will but they are not intentionally being malicious. You also signed the Customer Agreement which states you can only do arbitration. I am sure you can find a lawyer who can look into it for you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you didn't provide the information Ann was requesting? More information, instead of less, can only help people on these forums help you.

Additionally, you don't need a lawyer. Take copies of the paperwork for your offer and your bill with the $350 pay back and file a small claims court case. You can do this yourself at your local County Clerk's office. They should be able to help you out. Hiring a lawyer would just eat most if not all of any payment you would receive from Verizon.

You should also check to make sure this was a promotion by Verizon and not Costco.

0 Likes
Cineva
Enthusiast - Level 2

You guys are Vrizon's watchdogs that are barking so loudly to their defensive? If you were not affected by a similar situation just be quiet.  I did not ask for your assistance at all, but wanted to see who else was harassed by them and give me an idea about the amplitude of this issue. 

rcschnoor
Legend

Cineva wrote:

You guys are Vrizon's watchdogs that are barking so loudly to their defensive? If you were not affected by a similar situation just be quiet. I did not ask for your assistance at all, but wanted to see who else was harassed by them and give me an idea about the amplitude of this issue.

Watchdog for Verizon??? I just gave you a LEGITIMATE method to get your $350 back if in fact you are owed that amount PLUS any further money you may be due, a means I have used in the past. I didn't know helping you get what is owed to you would be considered in defense of Verizon.

Regardless, good luck.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this was a purchase at Verizon Wireless retailer is located in Costco, while unlikely, the promotion might also have been a Costco promotion for their third party retail business for Verizon Wireless. If it was a Verizon Wireless corporate promotion, it is also possible that Costco didn't include the correct documentation for your purchase from the retailer to Verizon Wireless which might also explain why the credit was not applied correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JANAE023
Enthusiast - Level 2

so what you are saying is verizon offered a promotion then they take it back because they messed up ? Company should honor their word be it a mistake or not.