Trade-in claims broken screen, device different from quote. What resources do I have to dispute?
iamaless

I was quoted $549.99 for a Sprint Apple iPhone 6+. The phone was in perfect working condition and was case kept for it's life. Furthermore, I have AppleCare for it. I sent the phone in and they sent an email saying my phone was damaged and was different from what I had submitted online. The phone was not cracked when I sent it so either it got cracked during shipping, it cracked while they were inspecting it or they are lying. I called and spoke to a Trade-In representative who told me she was looking at pictures of my iPhone and the screen was cracked. Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm upset because I could've sold this phone on Swappa and bought me an iPhone 7 with the money. Now they want to credit me $69.50. The phone rep. created a new ticket to have them reinspect the phone. What resources do I have to dispute this? There is no way I will accept this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in claims broken screen, device different from quote. What resources do I have to dispute?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iamaless, I can understand being disappointed in the value that was deemed upon your phone. This would be a cause of concern for me as well. I see you have escalated as you mentioned to be re-inspected. You can escalate the device trade in by contacting our Trade in Department at Device Trade-In 800-416-8894 Mon-Fri 7:00AM-11:00PM CT Trade-In Sat-Sun 8:00AM-9:00PM CT.

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in claims broken screen, device different from quote. What resources do I have to dispute?
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

if you know what your device id was (imei) you should be able to get photos of the damage (they sent me photos when my sons phone was broken).

the photos should have proof of your device ID in them and you can validate weather or not that matches the one you sent in.

If it is and it was in perfect condition when you sent it in I would call a normal customer care rep and request them to file a claim with the shipper they used because it was obviously damaged in transit.

You could file a claim with the shipper yourself but I don't know how much good that would do you

0 Likes