Trade in SCAM $5/month promo bait and switch
realtorjessica
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading through the posts on this forum, I should have known NOT to trade in my iphone.

It all started with a promo text I received to upgrade my phone to an iphone 12 mini for only $5 more a month! What a deal! I had to trade in "any iphone 4 or later" to receive the estimated trade in value.

So I traded in my existing phone, iphone 7 Red 128gb, with an estimated trade in value of $579.99. I just received word that my trade in value was updated to $51.00!! No explanation. The screen was not cracked, there was no wear and tear, and I turned off Find My Iphone.

This bait and switch needs to be addressed or reported to the ftc. If this happened to you, please let me know how you resolved it.

Re: Trade in SCAM $5/month promo bait and switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note.

COBRA9797
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the exact phone and trade in issue, was promised 579.99, got 51.00. Im going to executive relations filing a complaint. Terrible how they conduct this scam. Please let me know if you got a solution.

DavidV1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. First told it was only for iphone 6 or newer. I traded in 2 phones. Told them that one was an older SE one a 5s. magically found this deal  after i stated iphone4 or newer and that i was credited for one phone.

One got the full value. The other one value of zero. No explanation. They will track the phone down supposedly. 

Still in limbo. Its been over a week. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can further look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes