Trade In terms not honored by Verizon
pbatra612

I joined Verizon in September 2019 with iPhone 11 trade in promotions. The promotion would give $12.50 for 24 months ($300 total) for a trade in device. I signed up for 4 new lines with 4 new iPhones and traded in 4 old iPhones via online process. The trade ins were accepted properly and show that the final value of each trade in is $300. However, the credits have not started to apply as of yet. I checked with the chat support and also in store and every where they are telling me that I will not get anything back because the promotion is only valid for device payments and I have "paid off" the device. 

I did not "pay off" my devices. In fact, my account didn't even qualify for device payments when I signed up. I purchased them at a full retail price from the very beginning and I am having such a hard time explaining this to the reps. The following is the fine print from the order confirmation

"If you purchased your device at full retail price, credits will end at the end of your promotional term, or if the line is terminated or transferred. If you purchased your device on a device payment plan, credits will end at the end of your promotional term, when the balance is fully paid, or if the line is terminated or transferred."

I qualify in the former, not the latter. Each rep is telling me a different story of how I should have read the terms before placing the order and what not. Store employees told me that I should have done it in store because the online process is flawed and they have filed like 200 complaints exactly like this. 

In summary, Verizon took 4 of my iPhones and it is not giving me any credit for them whatsoever. I am now thinking of filing a BBB complaint because this is just a very dishonest business practice.

0 Likes