Tower signal great, speeds abhorrent
hollybelles
Enthusiast - Level 1

31804 zip code

Heartwood Dr, cataula ga

When I drive 2 exits north or south, the speedtests on my phones are 25mbps

When I am home at Heartwood Dr, Cataula Ga, the speedtests are 0-2mbps download at max, and most of the times 0.22mbps

I cannot browse the internet at all at my house. None of my 5 phones with unlimited data can browse.

I have verified that when I step outside, the speedtests do not increase. I have LTE signal with 4/5 bars.

Speedtests were better last year, but I am sure the tower is saturated. Please help to fix this issue at earliest convenience! I do not want to switch over to a different provider because I know Verizon has the best signal, but unfortunately my tower is terribly saturated.

Labels (1)
Re: Tower signal great, speeds abhorrent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having service issues is never a fun experience, and we're here to help. What device are you currently using hollybelles?

IvoneA_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Spinning_Lass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. 

iPhone SE and I do not have unlimited data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spinning_Lass, we want you to have the best data speeds everywhere. We're not showing reports in that area, so we need to gather more details. Is anyone else affected there? Do you notice a difference outside versus inside?

Joel_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Spinning_Lass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not know anyone else with Verizon in my area. There is a tower literally less than 1 mile from my house. I do not know if it is a Verizon tower or not. If I walk outside of my house I have the same problem and I can see the tower. If I walk halfway to the tower, everything is fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spinning_Lass, we appreciate the details. We feel the need for speed, and will be happy to get you back in the fast lane. Are other services such as text or calls affected? Are you able to take a speedtest and share with us the results? If you disconnect from Wi-Fi, are you able to browse the internet at all? 

Joseph_VZW

0 Likes
Spinning_Lass
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it effects all services regardless of if I have WiFi on or off. I cannot do a speed test. My phone has 3 or 4 bars and says LTG or 3G. I have to leave my home to read and respond to this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spinning_Lass, having fast and reliable data is your priority and providing it is our. We will do some troubleshooting steps. Please ensure Wi-Fi is turned off. Use this link as reference: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/. Please power cycle the device. Use this link as guidance: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203464/. If possible, please attempt (one more time) to do a speed test by visiting speedtest.net.

Gilberto_VZW

0 Likes
Spinning_Lass
Enthusiast - Level 1

I power cycled the device and I downloaded the speed test app, but it is not able to "complete task".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spinning_Lass, thank your for completing the steps with us. We will find a fix. Please temporarily disable HD Voice then attempt the speed test, afterwards enable it again. Use this link as reference: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/.

Gilberto_VZW

0 Likes